-Unstable

Ryder

My mom sits in front of me and I avoid her eyes.

Lucas and Ethan on either side of me, watch the tense situation in slience.

"What are you doing? Why am I hearing you've called in all our branches for some girl?"

I look her in her eyes.

"You don't get it." I say.

"What don't I understand?"

"Mom, I don't have time for you to nag me, right now. I'm busy." I move to get up but a hand on my knee stops me.

"Please explain it to me. I know I told you to never to contact me when you left but I'm sorry. I just want my little boy to tell me why he looks like the world is about to end." She pleads with me.

A surge of emotion comes to my throat and I try to hold back spilling everything to her.

"I...I'm losing it, Mom. I know I should be leading the gang and showing that I care so much about one woman is like exposing my weakness, but I feel like I need her back right now." I grab her hand and squeeze it.

She smiles at me sadly and puts her other hand over mine.

"You've always tried to be so strong in front of everyone. Even when your dad died, you wouldn't shed a tear until you were alone in your room. It's ok to cry when you feel sad."

I nod.

I'm not going to cry with Lucas and Ethan here. I'm supposed to be an example to them.

"You obviously fell in love with this girl."

I pause then nod.

"Will you talk to me? Or am I going to have to ask these two young men what the hell has my son on the edge like this?" She grins at me and I sigh defeated.

I tell her everything, from meeting Rose to the second I left her in that room.

"So what I'm hearing is you're going to war against the mafia for this girl?"

"There's no other option, Mom. I knew you wouldn't get it...but she's everything to me." I look in my lap.

"I never said you couldn't, I just want to know if you're serious or if this is just another fling." I meet her eyes again.

"I've never been more serious."

She seems taken aback by my statement but quickly composes herself.

"Then go get her and don't let anything or one, stop you." She smiles sadly at me.

"Don't worry, I won't." I pat her hand on my knee and get up.

"My little boys all grown up and in love, makes me feel old." My mom gets up as well.

I nod.

"There's still a lot to do so, I'll see you out. I love you, Mom and thank you." I pull her to my chest and curl up into the crook of her neck.

If I die in this fight, I don't want the last words I say to my mother to be "get out" or " I'm busy so can you leave?" I love her, she's always been there, no matter how much I push her away." She pats my back and I hear her sniff.

She knows this fight will be deadly.

"Alright, don't let me be in your way, but I swear to God Ryder, you better come home to me."

I smile and nod.

"Yeah, yeah Mom, love you too. Bye."

She lets me go and walks outside, waving as she goes. She still manages to support me and back me up.

Rose would love her.

No, Rose will love her.

I'm going to get her back and everything's going to be great again.

I have to get her back.

Rose

I lie back on my bed and think to the events of yesterday.

Caleb avoided me after his little outburst. He seemed a lot like he was before we got here, calculating, cold, and cruel.

I think he might've been playing an act since we got here.

My door opens and Caleb shuts it behind him.

When did my space become some fucking drive through? I just need to be alone right now.

He comes up to me with a blank face on, saying nothing.

"What? What do you want?" I ask, becoming impatient.

"I want you." He states, keeping himself expressionless.

I chuckle.

"I've been meaning to ask you, but what are you trying to do? You know what I figured out today? You've been faking everything since we got here and I've been an idiot believing you. Shit, I actually felt bad for you and trusted you enough to be apart of my plan. But why do I have a feeling you're actually alot like the guy I first met, the boy who forced me to come here?" I glare at him as he takes a step closer.

His hands fall on my shoulder and he squeezes them.

"I just want you to know no matter what, my feelings are real. I love you. I might not be who I seem like but I really love you. If I kept acting like myself, you would'nt have even given me your pity." He stares into my eyes as I roll them.

"No one told you to change yourself for me. At least, I didn't. At this point, this sad innocent boy act is more annoying than the kidnapper. Give it up, Caleb, I won't like you either way." I push his arms off me.

His frowns and his body seems to tremble but suddenly he smirks slightly.

"Really?"

I send him a questioning look.

"Yes."

"Then you want me to act like I did before, treat you like before?" He steps closer, so his legs touch the edge of the bed.

"I don't care."

Suddenly, his hands traces my arms, slightly grazing my skin. I shiver in disgust and slap his fingers away.

"Don't fucking touch me." I snarl at him.

"You told me to treat you like before right? Weeks ago all I used to do was touch you, any time I saw you. I'm just doing what you want me to." He looms over the bed, bringing a knee up on it, preparing to climb on to it.

I scoff.

"Just try what you want to try. I'll beat your ass and you'll learn your lesson." I shrug.

He grins.

"Or I don't learn anything and the game keeps going. I like playing with you. Soon you'll be all mine to toy with. I love you, Rose."

He comes even closer, inches from my face.

"It's all fun and games, until I fuck you up." I warn him, as he increasingly shortens the distance between our lips.

"Fuck me up? Go ahead, I'd love to be fucking with you." He brings a hand up and tucks a loose string of my hair back behind my ear.

Ugh, why do I always have the worst luck?

Ryder, I miss you.

I narrow my eyes at him.

"Why don't we play a game right now?" He asks.

He's crazy.

"Why not?"

But I'm a little more psycho.
________________________________________
2.13M

6/6/19

Sorry guys so sorry no words just gonna leave this here.

But....should I enter the wattys? I'll be more active in the future so I just wanna see if yall would like that.

Thank u guys so much for the support as usual.

Love yall.

Ciao.