Episode 15

Logan is jumping up and down beside Mia as the band plays right in front of them. She smiles over at Logan as she moves her head back and forth to the music. Logan laughs at her excitement and watches as she focuses back on the band. He looks over at the guy on the other side of her. "Little help?" He motions for help to pick up Mia.

The guy nods and lifts up the left side of Mia's body and Logan lifts up the right side. Mia squeals as they lift her up but she smile down at Logan and reaches towards the stage and ends up touching Martin Johnson's hand. She moves her head with the music and lifts her hands up with a large smile.

~~~

Jake walks Scarlett up to her door and turns to her with a smile. "I had a really great time tonight."

She smiles and nods. "Me too."

"Did you know that an average couple will kiss on the second date." He smirks.

She steps closer to him with a smile. "Did you know...I really hate the idea of waiting until our next date?"

"Really?"

She smiles and puts her lips against his, kissing him softly before moving her hand to his cheek as he moves his hands to her waist. She pulls away with a smile before whispering softly. "Goodnight, Jake." She opens her door and walks inside, leaving him standing on the porch in shock.

"Goodnight, Scarlett." He smiles before walking off to his car.

~~~

Mia turns to Logan with a big smile as they walk out of the concert. "That was so...awesome! I mean I touched his hand! I touched freaking Martin Johnson 's hand!"

Logan chuckles and shakes his head. "I take it you don't do these things very often?"

She shakes her head and continues walking beside him. "No. I went to my first concert with Julie when I was twelve before our parents died and that was the last one I ever went to."

"Were you guys close before the accident?"

She looks over at Logan with a smile. "Closer than PB&J."

He smiles sadly and looks straight ahead before asking another question. "So...why did you invite me tonight? Why not invite Scarlett?"

She chuckles and looks over at him with a slightly raised eyebrow. "Scarlett? Boys Like Girls? Those two things are practically on two different planets."

"I take it she's not much into the band?"

"Way, way out of it."

"You're pretty different, huh? You and Scarlett?"

"About as different as two people can be."

"And you're still best friends?"

"Always but not at first. When she first started talking to me I thought she was the most annoying person I had ever met in my entire life."

Logan laughs at her statement, realizing how much sense it makes.

"I mean, she was so peppy and perfect. It was almost sickening really." She smiles over at Logan.

"What changed?"

"My parents died. That changed everything; including the way I saw my so-called friends. They didn't understand what I was going through. They thought I was turning into some crazy person because I didn't want to do all the things I used to do. They obviously didn't understand what it was like to loose a parent...or both parents. When that happens, you loose all security. Everything you depended on, everything you ever hoped for...gone. I thought I would never recover. Then along came Scarlett. She just wouldn't quit. She was there through everything; the grieving, the anger, the denial...all the steps...even the funeral. She never apologized, she never told me everything was going to be okay. She just...sat there. She sat and cried with me, she never said a word...she was just....there. When I thought that no one would ever be there again...she was there." He looks over at her when she trails off in thought and she smiles over at him. "And from then on there was no getting rid of her."