Fifteen

Tokki rose from the table, not caring if his food covered silverware dropped onto the floor- that was the least of his worries. The man's appetite immediately flew south for the winter the moment realization slapped him in the face and hard. The bits of food that still remained in his mouth had lost their taste and flavours, and it was difficult to even swallow the now bland meal.

He broke out into a sprint, running out of the dining room and towards the staircase leading upstairs. Tokki's mind ran at a thousand miles per hour, but it all went back to a single thought- Ha-Na. How had he not realized it sooner? Was he really that blind by his own loneliness? After so many years of doing what he does, all the people that had died by his hands, he finally found her, his soulmate. The Tokki's mentality was pushed out of his mind, and the mask that once covered his face cracked.

Ha-Na, had he actually changed the feared and infamous serial killer known as Tokki? Was that why he dove after her when she fell off if the cliff? He certainly didn't want her to die if he could help it. Was he finally ready to hang that blood stained mask up and turn to a life of peace with his other half? Doubt seemed to create a conflict in his heart- was Ha-Na ready? Does she even know that Tokki is her soulmate? Would she accept him- his past? His life? The blood inked into his skin? Would she try to run away again after learning the truth?

Tokki lightly pounded on her locked door, the heavy thumping echoing through the halls and presumably her room.

"Ha-Na!" he cried. "Ha-Na! Please open up!"

His begging and pleading was answered by nothing but complete silence. He only heard his own crying and sobbing as he fell to his knees, forehead, fist and forearm still pressed against her door. For the first time in years, Tokki cried his heart and soul out, feeling isolated against his own wants and needs. More than anything, he just wanted to see Ha-Na's face and feel her hands in his.

"Please..." his voice strained.

Within the occupied bedroom, the curtains were drawn, shrouding the room in a thick haze of darkness. The air was suffocating towards the only occupant, Ha-Na. She laid on her bed in the fetal position, covering her ears from Tokki's fists on the door and his pleading. His voice was muffled out by her own crying and whimpering, as her mind was drowning in her past.

Her entire body felt paralyzed, she couldn't move a single finger or even open her eyes. The nightmares hammering at her head trapped her in a vast ocean, leaving her to swim with a weakened body. Ha-Na felt so... helpless.