The Beginning_1: Selene

Hello everyone, thanks for taking your time in reading this book I'm really excited about getting this story out there.

How did the story begin, I call it falling down the rabbit hole of greek mythology.

I'll be updating weekly, not a precise date but know every week a chapter will be uploaded.

This is my own story created from my own imagination, please don't copy and steal my work. Feel free to ask me if you want to write a spinn off or something similar.

Enjoy!

🌸🌸🌸

GODESSES:

Here are some goddesses you wil encounter, some you know very well, others.. Not so much:

*Hera- Goddess of marriage, women, childbirth, and family.

*Demeter-Goddess of agriculture, harvest, fertility and sacred law.

*Eileityia- Goddess of Childbirth

*Hygea- Goddess of good health, cleanliness, and sanitation.

*Aphrodite- Goddess of love, beauty and sexuality.

*Achelois- Minor moon goddess, "She who washes away the pain"

*Antheia-Goddess of flowers and flowery wreaths.

*Athena-Goddess of War.

*Selene- Goddess of the Moon

Enjoy 😘

Selene

I didn't want to, but I did anyway,
I watched him, I have always watched from afar.
His dark hair, ravens will be proud of it. His blue eyes, as calm and deep as the ocean itself yet as wild as it as well.
Mesmerizing body build, that every maiden will swoon over.
Yes, his heart, pure as gold with a smile that no man or I should rather say woman could ever resist.
Oh how I long just to meet him, if only just once.
I think maybe then, my heart will be satisfied.
His eyes focused into the horizon, watching over his herd of sheep. Making sure they are all still there while keeping an eye out for some predator who would want to snack on them.
Truly I do not understand how he will defend his herd if indeed a predator should arise, because I can not fantom killing it with just a stick.
He whistles, time for them to go home as the sun sets. "Selene, dear sister, I do not hope you admire this man that you have been watching over lately?" My sister, Eos, I do love her very much, but she has a different view of these people than me. "Eos, you know that is not the case." Looking sceptical at me with her one eyebrow arched, I turn away in order to hide my blush. "He is just, you know, very different." Eos stares deeply into my eyes, making me feel very exposed. She huffs, "Zeus will not be pleased if you continue this fascination with that man Selene, this man will suffer should he find out, you are baring his child after all." Just then the little thing kicked, as if knowing that we are speaking about it. I feel guilty looking at another man while pregnant with another one's.
I look down to him again one last time before I have to resume my duties."You're right Eos."

Every day when dusk arrives, I sing the ancient song of night to make the sky go dark and let the night sky shine with the stars. Truly I love the night, it's the most romantic time of the day. Although some taint it with nasty deeds and dark arts, that is where Hecate comes in, it still is beautiful for me.
And when my song is done, I go over to my hammock and touch my pond. To anyone else its just a pond, but to me it will show lovers, either praying to me, or they are struggling with their relationship, or just someone who needs a push. I will help them, I so not create their feelings I only help them along. Their auras usually shines brightly when together, that's how I know they truly love each other.
I long to feel that feeling with someone.

I slowly hum a song while stroking my belly, watching the sun while it rises to greet a new day.
I can't wait to meet my child and see what it will accomplish. "Selene Love..." I knew his voice, every deity knows his voice. It shook you till your core, it can be out of fear, lust, love, any emotion, but you will feel it.  "Lord Zeus, to what do I owe this pleasure?" He smiles at me, I wish he would stop. "May I not visit the mother of my child?"
I fire right back, "Which mother are you talking about or which child?" To which he just chuckles.
"You wound me my Love, it is none other than you." He takes a seat next to me and place his hands on my belly. "The little Pumpkin is growing fast." I just gave him a nod and we sat in silence. Till he had to break it of coarse, "Selene, you do not hate me do you?" His eyes searched mine. "My Lord, even if I did, there is enough hate to go around with you. So I won't add myself to that list." He just stares at my eyes, as if he is looking for anything other than what I have said just now and then he laughs. "You are something else Selene."
"I'll take that as a compliment."
We embrace the silence for a little longer. Neither one of us wanted to say something. Or he did, but just decided to keep it for himself.
"I'll be on my way then, let me know how you are doing oky. I'll send Eileityia tomorrow to check on you."
"Thank you, I'll make preparations. Have a lovely evening further." He leans over and kisses me softly on the cheek. "Bye Selene Love." And then he disappeared off back to his home.
"Your father is a strange man, Pumpkin."
The pond hummed and I looked down to see two lovers, the girl is crying in the man's arms.
Ah, forbidden lovers.
"You shall be blessed." I humm and draw patterns in the water.
Love truly is beautiful.

🌸🌸🌸