Birth Prep_3 : Selene

The maternity ward is really large, a big bed is situated in the middle of a gold and white room. Scented flowers are all around the room and muses playing calming music.

Most of the goddesses are here to assist me in the birth of my child

Most of the goddesses are here to assist me in the birth of my child. Demeter, Eileityia, Hera, Hygea, Aphrodite, Athena, Achelois and Antheia are all here.
All these goddesses needs to be here to insure the pregnancy and labour goes smooth. This is after all, one of Zeus's children and no one wants the wrath of Zeus. Especially with his children. Despite being a total rake, he is a very good father, if Hera doesn't get in the way.
It will be a new moon tonight, I know my child will not be born yet, my prime is in a full moon and I suspect that my child will be born then. For now the goddesses will prepare me for the birth. I am hoping for a son, but I don't care about the gender as long as my baby is healthy and safe.

"Are you nervous aunty Selene?", Athena ask me. I truly admire her, being the goddess of war. I could never imagine if I had to be in her position. "I am dear, but with all of you being here makes me feel more at ease." She gives a big smile, no secret that it is a boost to her ego, she is a warrior after all and nothing is nore pridefull than making someone else feel safe.
Antheia brings over a camomile tea concoction which smells absolutely amazing it already calms me. "This place needs more flowers, don't you think so Selene? It far to fragrentless for my taste." Of course she needs more flowers in here. She has such a cute but cocky attitude or more like straight forward it could come out mean to someone else.
"Oh please Olympus no! We don't want to make this place any more dirtier than it already is with your plants and stuff. I want it absolutely clean, this baby does not need to be bombarded with this awful smell. Gosh what if the baby touches these plants and boom, it's dead." Hygea looks at the plants in discust and horror." That is why me and my mother are here, Hygea, you need not worry about that. We are afterall the goddesses of childbirth." Hera and Eileithyia walks in with a bunch of towels and blankets. Everybody bows when they see Hera. "Goddess.", we all greet her. Her face is stone cold, void of emotion. It must be painful to her, delivering her husband's illegitimate child. I dearly admire her and we are very close. She used to visit my realm every day, now not so much, but she does regularly. Only asking about my pregnancy. The day I told her I was pregnant was the worst. . .

I was waiting nervously for Hera to arrive for her daily visit. Walking around, preparing in my mind what to say. I was looking down at my stomach and stroking it genlty, at the moment it's flat, but soon it will be buldging with a little bundle.
"Selene, good to see you my dear." Her gentle voice startled me. "Hera, so nice to see you again." One of my maidens rushes in with some tea and refreshments. After we talked about everything and nothing, we fell into a silence. Hera places her cup down on the table and she folds her hands over her lap. "Selene, are you going to tell me what has been bothering you." It made me so nervous, my hands do not want to stay still as it keeps fidgeting. "Hera, I..." I don't have the courage to tell her. How can I break her like this. "You are with child.",she states slowly. I nod and keep my head down in shame. Even if I try, I cannot hide my pregnancy. Not from her, she is the goddess of childbirth. "Assuming that this is the handywork of my dear husband?" Her voice is strained and I begin to cry. "I am so sorry Hera, I don't know what possessed me. One moment we were and then we were!" I am sobbing so much, she walks over to me and cuddles me in her arms,comforting me. "Forgive me, Hera." Hera looks up at the sky, no doubt trying to consume her tears. "Dear, it is not your fault, I know my husband's wicked ways. We are women none the less, no matter how strong we think we are, he will bring you to your knees." She let me cry in her arms that night, no stars was visible and no moon to be seen, Showing my sorrow and feelings of betrayal. The betrayal of sleeping with her husband.

..."Do not worry Selene, you are in good hands and you can trust that this baby will be healthy." Hera smiles at me while stroking my hair. She often admires my hair and says she wished she had my hair colour. I do not deserve a friend like her. "Thank you Hera. It means alot to me." We embrace each other in a long hug before she stepped away to get things ready.
"Just rest for now Selene, you don't need ro be stressed." I nod and slowly drift off to sleep on this very comfy bed.

🌸🌸🌸

Poor Hera, having to do this.