Chapter 37

Lately, it's been a real struggle finding time to write.

Nevertheless, I have not forgotten Bliss & Harry. They live forever in my mind.

So let's get on with the story

*************************************************************************

Thirty-Seven

Ben Winston was a pleasant and gracious host at the Late Late Show taping.

Of course the actual host of the Late Late Show, everyone knows, is James Corden. Meeting him, and getting caught up in all the crazy activity of the television studio took my mind off recent events and I was able to really enjoy myself for a few hours.

Although both Ben and James are close friends with Harry, no mention of him was made and this put my mind at ease so when the show was over and it was time for me to go back to the bus and return to Las Vegas, I was a little less afraid of the inevitable encounter with Harry looming ahead.

Ben insisted on walking me to tv studio parking lot, where Sid was already waiting with the bus.

"I know you're a self-reliant, strong woman Bliss," Ben said, "But I take pride on my manners, it'd be rude to let you walk out alone."

"I've imposed on you way too much already," I answered, "It was very kind of you to let me come to show taping in so short notice. I don't want to inconvenience you any further"

"It's no inconvenience at all," Ben countered, "It's my pleasure. I'd never forgive myself if something happened to you."

"I'll be perfectly fine." I insisted, "the bus's parked inside a secure area."

"Bliss, don't fight me on this," Ben went on "Harry will kill me if he finds if I let you go alone."

"Harry, of course! I should have known" I said, in what I'm afraid wasn't a very cheerful tone. It wasn't an angry tone either; it was – let's say- a dissatisfied manner. A strongly dissatisfied manner.

"Heey!" Ben said placatingly, "I know Harry can come across as overbearing at times, but his heart is in the right place."

"I'm sure it is" I answered curtly. It was becoming clear to me that Harry had talked about to me to Ben. But I didn't know just how much of our "relationship" my ex-boyfriend had shared, and it didn't feel right to pester Ben with questions.

"Don't give up on him, Bliss," Harry said in a wise-elderly-figure manner.

"I'm contractually bound to stay with Harry till the end of tour," I muttered.

"Is that so?" Ben commented, looking as if he really didn't know what else to say.

I felt like yelling at Ben that of course, it was true. That I'd signed a contract that stated that I'd cover Harry's tour till December 2017, with an option to cover his 2018 tour as well if it was agreeable to both parties. And that I was ruing the day that I entered into a contractual obligation with Harry because staying with him for three more months wasn't agreeable to me at all anymore. That I just wanted to go home, to my parent's and stay in my childhood bedroom forever.

But naturally, I didn't say any of that, because Common Sense chose that exact moment to shout inside my head "You're behaving like a spoiled brat, Bliss! You're making us look bad. Get a grip."

Common Sense was right. Of course it was. It always is. I hate Common Sense.

"I really enjoyed watching the show from your perspective tonight. You're very good at your job" I said. If I flattered him enough, maybe he'd drop the H subject.