twenty-three

MORGAN SAT DOWN AT the sofa with Pepper, Happy, Rhodey and her little sister Megan

MORGAN SAT DOWN AT the sofa with Pepper, Happy, Rhodey and her little sister Megan. Steve and Thor were behind them still hurting on all the events that happened.

Megan was very confused when meeting her older sister for the first time. She doesn't fully understand the whole story, but one thing is for sure, Megan will love Morgan along with Morgan doing the same.

A hologram of Tony appeared in the living room. He sat in a chair, and started to talk.

"Everyone wants a happy ending right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back..."

Morgan felt tears streaming down her face, but she didn't move. She watched as her father's hologram speak like he was in the room.

"...in celebration. I hope families are reunited. I hope we get it back, in somewhat like a normal version of the planet has been restored."

Pepper glanced at her daughters knowing that Tony's wish came true.

"If there was ever such a thing. God, what a world. Universe now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone you know this extent..."

"...I mean, I would've have been surprised. But come on, you know, that epic forces of darkness and light come into play. And for the better or worse, that's the reality Morgan and Megan's going to find a ease to grow up. Well, I mean, Morgan already had a taste of what's going on but I hope Morgan will be that big sister towards Megan."

The sister's glanced at each other. Megan, not knowing what was really happening reached for Morgan's hand and leaned on Pepper feeling sad that the others she cares for much are upset.

"So I found a private area to record a little greeting in case of an untimely death on my part. Not that death at any time is ever timely. This time travel thing that we are going to pull off tomorrow..."

Morgan quickly wiped her tears and looked at her dad's hologram. She felt a sense of proudness that Tony was her dad but a sense of sadness that Tony was gone.

"...it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of all this. But then again that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end."

Rhodey let the tears fall from his face happy that Tony was his best friend.

"What am I tripping for? Everything is going to work out exactly the way it's supposed to."

Tony rose for his seat and came close to the table.

"I love you, 3,000."

He sighed with a smile, "I love you too Megan."

The hologram was gone. Morgan turned to her mom in which Pepper gave her a weak smile.

"Come on, let go outside." Pepper spoke softly.