CHAPTER 6

THIRTEEN YEARS AGO

"I love you so much Selena" Barry confessed as I signed the cheque. It was a cheque of five hundred thousand dollars. Almost half of my trust fund.

Barry didn't want to get married till his business has taken off because he wanted to take care of me unfortunately he didn't have the money required to fund the business.

I had to beg him to allow me to help. I knew he was hard working and he would make good use of the money so the minute he asked, I willingly gave him some money.

For a twenty two year old, Barry was already more than prepared to start a big business. He worked for my dad but he wanted to start his own business and I completely understood. He said working for my dad felt like taking money from his father in law.

We weren't married. But according to him, I was already his wife.

"You're so perfect Selena. Your good heart, your innocence, babe your curves," he said and kissed me which made me laugh.

"You're the only woman for me" he confessed and pocketed the cheque.

"I promise to love you forever. And when I have enough money to take care of you, I will marry you babe" he promised

My heart fluttered. Before Barry came into my life, I hated my body. I wasn't confident because I was plus size but Barry loved it and I learnt to love it. He made me feel like a princess and I couldn't ask for a better man.

My father somehow did not like Barry for me. He said Barry was good for business  but he wasn't good for me. My mother supported me so I didn't heed my father's words. Somehow in my father's eyes no one is good enough for me.

Barry made me happy. He didn't even love me for my money. I had to beg him to help out with money.

Barry was born into a poor family and he struggled a lot with money. He was my father's second assistant so his salary was obviously not enough for him to take care of his large family. Although he was struggling with money he was always cheerful, always making me happy and helping me get over insecurities I had over my body.

When he asked for help, I knew how hard it was for him to do it. He only asked for a hundred but I gave him five. I wanted him to be happy and he was super excited.

He couldn't stop kissing me and holding me. He kept mumbling  "i love you"

I loved him and couldn't wait to marry him.