Compliments

[Y/N]'s day at the amusement park went by so much better than she had expected. Never in a million years had she thought she would be able to smile just by coming here. Currently, she was in the car with Hitoshi as he was driving her back home to her house. After the roller coaster and the cotton candy that day, they went to bumper cars, go carts, tall swings, tower drops, and more. All of that definitely made her want to come back someday.

     Lost in her thoughts from thinking about all the fun she had, she didn't notice until Hitoshi was gently patting her shoulder that she was back home. She smiled at him and he stared at her for longer than necessary, as if he couldn't break his gaze. "Thank you so much for today. It was such a great and new experience," she told him.

     "No problem at all," he replied. "It was so worth it; I got to see you finally smile; for the first time in like, forever."

     "Well, I guess I should get going," she said softly. "Bye Hitoshi. See you on Monday."

     She was about to pull the handle of the door and exit, but Hitoshi's voice stopped her. "Wait, [Y/N]. Let me take a picture of you smiling. I want to keep it with me everywhere I go, so I can look at it anytime and feel proud of you."

     Her cheeks flushed in excitement and embarrassment. "You....feel proud of me?" she asked him.

     He looked at her as if she was asking a dumb question. "Are you serious? Who wouldn't be proud of you? You achieved so much already and never had I felt so happy for anyone else. You deserve a gold medal or something for making me so happy."

     "Okay then. Take a picture of me," she said. She gave him a big grin that really did suppressed her happiness and he shot back a grin of his own. He then took his phone out and snapped a picture of her. He even saved the picture of her for his homescreen wallpaper.

     "Beautiful," Hitoshi murmured, his eyes not moving away from the phone. "You're so photogenic."

     "Shouldn't you have the homescreen saved for your girlfriend and not me?" she questioned him.

     "Nah," he answered. "I don't need a girlfriend when I already have you. This is good enough for me."

     She squirmed at his words and didn't reply. It was really time for her to go, so they bid each other goodbye once again and she left his car. Entering the building of her home, she was pulled in by her mother right away. "So how did your first date go? Did he win you anything, like a stuff animal?" The woman noticed that she wasn't holding anything and she frowned. "Boys should know by now that they need to win and treat their lady with prizes to impress them. Ugh, this boy is not suited for you. Dump him."

      She stared at her, torn between amusement and horror. "Again, I'm not dating him."

     "Oh..." her mother trailed off, looking slightly disappointed. Clearing her throat and fixing her composure, she replaced her face to neutral. "Whatever, I never said you could date anyone anyway."

     Feeling the urge to laugh, she held it in and only smiled. Her mother widened her eyes at the sight of it.

     "Woah, honey....you're actually smiling....you look real pretty," she commented.

     [Y/N], who didn't realize she was smiling, dropped in and looked down the ground. She was getting so embarrassed easily these last few days. She just wasn't used to the compliments she was getting and she was unfamiliar with these new situations she had been dealing with. It made sense why though—after so many years of closing herself off to just about anybody, this lifestyle had things that she had never been through before. Whether it will be good or bad, she had to make sure to be prepared for it all.