Chapter Ten

{Double Blade pt.2}

Both Jungkook and Hoseok watched on in complete horror as the re-animated flesh of the walkers began leaving the shade of the forest, pouring out onto the highway from all sides. Hoseok shuddered as his ears were filled with the inhuman groans from the drying, stiffened flesh. 

The rotting smell that permeated the air wherever they went made him nauseous, and to this day, Hoseok couldn't bare to look at meat without suffering the effects of PTSD. He had flashbacks to the groping hands and gnashing jaws of a zombie hoard, causing night terrors where he would wake up drenched in sweat. Hoseok had encountered a horde once before, and it didn't end well. 

The moaning and groaning grew louder as the marching horde left the forest, flesh hanging like tattered rags from their bones, faces dull and grey. What scared Hoseok the most wasn't the fact that a horde had just left the forest, no. It was the fact that the horde was staggering slowly up the highway, and away from himself and Jungkook. 

"No- No, no, no, NO!" Hoseok whisper yelled, loading an arrow in his wooden bow and pulling back the string. Jungkook's eyes were quick to flicker over to Hoseok as the male began aiming the arrow at the horde. 

"Hoseok no!" Jungkook called quietly, grabbing the orange haired male by the shoulders and pushing his back into the concrete ground below. Jungkook firmly held the male down by the shoulders, knee on his chest. 

"Jungkook let go!" Hoseok cried, trying to struggle out of the younger's tight hold, "There heading towards the van! Daisy's still in there!" Hoseok finished, but Jungkook just shook his head in disapproval. The struggle was pointless for the older male, he had a much smaller frame then Jungkook who was so well built. 

"Hoseok, if we distract the horde... we'll all die." Jungkook spoke calmly as Hoseok stopped his struggle. "The horde would kill us, then go after the van. They can't escape without fuel." Jungkook explained. 

Hoseok let out a shaky breath bringing a hand to his face in realisation. 

Yoongi and Daisy were completely on their own. 

--------

"I can't believe you were out there by yourself for four years!" Daisy spoke with fascination, "Hoseok and I struggled to survive one week without our full squad, but you- your something else." She beamed, head resting against the back of the front drivers seat as she rested up from the long day of driving. 

"It's quite simple actually." Yoongi mumbled from the passenger seat beside her, ruffling his hair, "If you travel solo, your chances of survival are much greater, seeing as the only person to protect is yourself." Yoongi huffed, staring down at the gun wrapped loosely in-between his fingers. 

Eyes trailing over to Daisy, he saw a frown make its way to her face. She obviously took Yoongi's words badly. The fact that Yoongi said he would only prefer to look out for himself brought her guilt. Because here he was, looking after her. 

Yoongi gave a soft reassuring smile, "I'm not heartless. If I needed to, protect someone, I would do it with my life." Yoongi explained, "That's why I can't risk getting attached to people."

Daisy sat by his side, listening to his words. It was true. Getting too attached to someone these days was dangerous, she had learnt that the hard way with Hoseok. 

Letting out a tried sigh, Daisies eyes trailed mindlessly back to the front window. The rain clouds had finally cleared and the sky was visible. Tilting her head, Daisy gazed upwards, eyes more open then they could be in the fullness of day, not looking at one star, yet somehow seeing them all at once.