↠ 24

Throughout the whole day, the boys kept reassuring you that there was nothing too unusual happening in your apartment and that they would include the area in their nightly patrols. They took you to a smoothie shop and went around a couple of stores before coming back to the house. So now here you were laying on the bed, just staring at the ceiling.

You just knew that one of them had to at least know you were eavesdropping. After all they did have great hearing than an average human. Still, it sort of frightened you. Vampires that are after you? You would only find these types of things in fiction or film.

You sighed and closed your eyes. Life was strange. Instead of dealing with reality, you chose to try and fall asleep.

The next morning, you were getting ready for class. Picking out a random shirt and pair of pants as your wardrobe. You made sure you were decent and packed the necessary items that you would need for class. You mentally thanked your past self for actually being ahead and completing a few assignments that were due today.

Stuffing your work clothes in the bag, you started heading downstairs. There you were greeted by the smell of bacon. You followed the scent and surprise, surprise - it was Seokjin cooking. He sensed your presence immediately and turned away from the stove. "Morning princess!" He smiled.

"Good morning." You said and neared the island counter. "Were you up early?"

He just shrugged a shoulder. "A little. I almost forgot you had class today. What time does it start?" He momentarily returned to the stove.

"Um, at ten." You went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.

"I knew it." Seokjin said.

You just nodded in agreement and went back to the island counter. "So, will I be getting a ride from one of you or...?" You let the question hang in the air.

"Oh." Jin responded. "I think we haven't decided yet. Let me go ask." He turned off the stove, sent a smile your way and walked out of the kitchen.

You took a drink out from your bottle. As you were drinking, you felt a arms wrap around you. Startled, you accidentally choked on the water. You started coughing and the arms just hugged you tighter. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do that!"

You sort of turned back to see Hoseok's face staring right at you. He looked visibly upset and you were still trying to calm down the choking. "I-It's fine." You managed to say.

"I'm still sorry!" Hobi exclaimed. "Please don't be mad at me!"

"I'm not though."

"Good." He whispered right next to your ear that sent a chill down your spine. "I don't want you to be upset."

"Uh... yeah?" You answered. "Can you let me go now?"

Hobi just tightened his grip for a moment. "I like holding you but ok..." He reluctantly let go and stood right by your side.

You took another sip of your water to distract yourself, As if they were watching, Seokjin, Namjoon and Yoongi entered the kitchen. "Ok," Seokjin spoke up. "I'll be taking you today." He smiled brightly as the other three in the room narrowed their eyes.

Hoseok huffed. "Did you three settle it on rock-paper-scissors?"

"What?" You raised an eyebrow, thinking that they had this planned out from the very start.

Namjoon and Yoongi stayed quiet while Seokjin nodded. "My paper will always win against these two."

Just then the back door to the kitchen opened and a tired looking Taehyung and Jungkook strolled in. Both their eyes lit up and they managed to smile. "Morning Y/N!" Jungkook said while Taehyung stifled a yawn.

"Good morning." You replied back. "Why are you two so tired?"

The younger two eyes flickered towards each other and you assumed to Namjoon who was right behind you. "No reason at all."

"Oh look at the time!" Seokjin suddenly said. "Come on, let's get you to class."

"Um, okay..." You grabbed your bag and water bottle. "Bye." You said to everyone and walked with Seokjin to the front door. He grabbed the keys to the car and the two of you went outside. Both of you got in the car and Jin started driving to your university.

Jin made small conversation with you on the way. At last, you finally made it. You thought Jin was going to slow down to a stop and drop you off at the entrance but it seemed like he had other plans. He parked the car in a lot that was besides the university. Confused you turned to him, "Why are you parking?"

Seokjin smiled in your direction. "You think that I would just drop you off? Nope, I'm walking you to class." He then got out of the car.

You also scrambled out of the car. "But like don't you have better things to do than walk me to class?"

Seokjin raised an eyebrow. "No I don't. Why wouldn't I spend more time with you?" He smiled brightly that caused your heart to skip a beat.

You were never going to get used to him at this point.

Accepting your fate, you began walking to class with Seokjin walking right besides you. He kept on questioning what your major was, what your schedule was and that you were going to eat out at lunch apparently. All the while you were slightly uncomfortable with all the looks being sent your way.

You could see some girls and some guys pause in their tracks looking at the two of you. Well, more likely of Jin because they never had done that before. Seokjin was unbothered by the stares as he kept his full attention right on you.

"Something wrong?" Seokjin asked, worry slipping into his tone.

"Uh, all these people are looking at us? Do you not feel them?" You replied, awkwardly trying to not meet any of their gazes.

Seokjin blinked as he took a glance around. He scoffed as he stared at you. "Nope. Can't feel them. All I need is your attention on me."

How the hell is he so smooth?

You felt a blush start to appear on your cheeks. Seokjin smiled brightly at your reaction. "Aw, look at you. You're so adorable." His hand that was originally in his pant pocket now poked you on the cheek.

"Why?" You strayed away from his hand.

At last, you arrived at the building for your class. Still Seokjin stuck by you like glue as you made it to the door of your class. "This is it." You said and turned to him. "I guess I'll see you at lunch?"

Seokjin shrugged a shoulder. "Probably earlier. I'll be here around campus. Now pay attention in class, okay? Bye, princess." He smiled and leaned in to peck the tip of your nose.

You were in shock as you felt your face burn. Seokjin walked away and you quickly went into class, taking a seat in the back. You took a deep breath as you felt your heart thump against your rib cage. His actions had to be because he was your mate, right? Still, you couldn't forget how his plush lips felt against your skin.