bon appétit

8pm
Sage

"Olive." I called, walking out of the sound booth.

She was knocked out on the black leather couch. It's been a long ass day in the studio and she's been sleep since we got here.

"I'll see you later, Sage." My engineer spoke as he dapped me up before leaving completely.

"Olive." I called again, shaking her as her eyes fluttered open.

"Wake up, babygirl. It's time to go."

"What time is it?" She spoke, stretching her arms.

"It's eight."

She nodded as stood to her feet and I pulled her to me.

"How long do I have with you?" She asked, laying her head against my chest.

"I have to be at my dad's in about thirty minutes.." I trailed off and she smacked her lips.

"Just come with me." I told her and she shook her head.

"No, Sage. I told you I no longer want to be around your mother plus I'm not in the mood for both her and your father tonight. I can't do it."

"Alright then, so I guess I'll see you sometime next week?" I asked sarcastically and she looked up at me with sad eyes.

I knew I'd just hurt her feelings but it was the reality of it all. I know she depends on me to make time for her but everyday it was something different with my mom or the label. This shit was getting harder and harder.

"Fine." She said, letting me go and I sighed.

I watched as she grabbed her small bag and pouted on her way out of the front door.

"Olive." I called, following after her.

She made it all the way outside before I finally caught up to her, stopping her in her tracks.

"I apologize babygirl, I didn't mean it like that." I said to her as she looked up at me.

"Face it, Sage. We don't have time for each other." She said to me and I smacked my lips.

"Baby, we just spent the whole day together. You're the one that went to sleep." I chuckled as she held a pout on her face.

She wanted to spend every hour of everyday together and I couldn't blame her because I wanted the exact same. It just wasn't possible right now.

"Just come with me to my dad's then I'll take you home with me." I told her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"I have work tomorrow."

"You know I'll take you to work." I tried to compromise.

"What time do you have to be here tomorrow?"

"Don't worry about all of that, let your man handle this." I told her as I lifted her chin and pecked her lips so that she couldn't say anything else.