34. Hen Amongst Roosters

"We're home!" I yelled across the house as we walked through the door. Liam was still fuming about Sophia planning to tell the other pack about me.

"How was your first day back?" Luna asked as we came into the kitchen. She looked between the two of us before she turned the water off and leaned on the counter.

"What happened?" She asked instinctively.

"Sophia is out for blood," Liam muttered as he rolled his eyes. Luna Addie sighed as she took her dish gloves off and came around the counter.

"When will that girl ever learn?" Luna Addie said mostly to herself. "If it's come to the, we'll have her and her mate quarantined. I won't have her risking this pack's safety for a petty vendetta," Luna Addie explained. Liam nodded in agreement. To be completely honest, I wanted to use her to test my abilities. That seemed like a more fitting punishment, but I knew that was just me being petty as well.

"Dani has training this afternoon. We'll be a little late to dinner," Liam said as he grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl. Luna Addie acknowledged him before going back to the dishes.

"Just be careful. It'll be her first time training with the pack. We don't need Sahria coming out unnecessarily," Luna Addie gave her last bit of advice before we went upstairs. Liam has the rest of my things brought to his room while we were at school, so we just went straight to his room.

"Most of your clothes should be in the closet but I think your workout gear is in this dresser," he said. I rummaged through the clothes until I found a suitable outfit and set it on the bed. Liam eyed the clothes warily.

"Don't you have something more... conservative?" He asked. I rolled my eyes as I turned to face him.

"No, I don't. It's too hot for winter clothes, Liam. Would you like me to pass out from heat exhaustion?" I asked sarcastically. He sighed and looked at the clothes on the bed before he picked out a pair of basketball shorts and a plain t-shirt.

"I'll change in the bathroom, you can change here," he changed the subject before he walked quickly, closing the door behind him. I stripped off my school clothes and changed my regular bra to a sports bra. I pulled on the spandex type shorts before grabbing the pink athletic top. It was in the style of a very fitted tank top.

"I'm not letting you go out there with those shorts," I heard Liam say from behind me. I stopped with the top still in my hands and turned to face him.

"Letting me?" I picked out as I raised an eyebrow at him. He should know better than to use controlling words on me. I paused as I looked at the shirt in my hands.

"Wait a minute. You came out early on purpose, didn't you?" I asked suddenly. His cheeks turned bright red as he looked away from me.

"N-No I didn't," he said quickly. I chuckled and set the shirt on the bed before taking a step closer to him.

"I don't even have to read you to tell that was a lie. But it's fine for you to look. I'm your mate anyway," I said before picking my shirt up again and putting it on this time.

"I really wish you would wear different shorts," Liam pleaded. I smirked before I grabbed a light athletic jacket and zipped it halfway. Even with the jacket, my figure came through clearly. I threw my tennis shoes on before heading towards the door.

"You can stay here if you're just going to mope. I don't want to be late," I said before opening the door. Liam sighed heavily before he followed behind me. We drove out to the practice field before we headed towards the waiting crowd. Alpha Connor was already standing at the head of the crowd. He smiled when he sat us.

"Today's training will incorporate Liam's mate, and our secret weapon, Dani," he explained as we stood beside him. I heard a few scoffs and protests but I was expecting it. The women didn't really take part in the fighting unless it was absolutely necessary.

"How do you expect us to fight and keep that little girl out of trouble at the same time," someone from the crowd said. I smirked and took a step forward.

"How about this? Bring out your best fighter. I guarantee he won't be able to even scratch me. If I'm wrong, I'll stay out of it," I promised. Liam held my arm gently as if to tell me he didn't agree. I already know that.

"No way, you should start with a less seasoned warrior if you don't want to get hurt," the guy said from the crowd again. I chuckled as the smirk reappeared in my face.

"I suggested the strongest to even the playing field for your side," I explained. They all hesitated before the guy who was talking finally stepped out of the crowd and came to stand in front of me.

"Fine. I'll even be a gentleman and let you go shift in the tree line first," he said.

"No thanks. I don't t shift on command. Plus, she's more dangerous to all of you than I am," I declined.

"So do I shift?" He asked confused. I shrugged.

"Whatever form you feel the strongest in," I offered. He walked towards the tree line before coming back as a wolf. I could tell Liam didn't like this at all, but he knew better than to try and stop me. I took a deep breath and opened myself for his thoughts without opening my vision channel as I closed my eyes.

"Umm... Miss you might want to open your eyes. The match is about to start," someone else from the crowd called out.

"I'm aware. It's easier this way," I called back. It got dead silent as Liam looked between the two of us nervously.

"Begin," he commanded.