Chapter 6

Rose's POV

When I got to my room, I felt so tired that I immediately fell asleep. The next morning when I woke up, I felt unusually happy. I caught myself thinking about what happened last night.

Chaeyoung, stop thinking about it, I told myself. I got out of bed and started getting ready for school. I grabbed my bag and looked in the mirror one last time before leaving my room.

I was waiting for an elevator to go down. Moments later, the door opened and there was Lisa. She looked up from her phone and walked out of the elevator. I was going to say hi, but she just walked right past me.

Did she not see me or did she ignore me on purpose? The thought keeps popping in my head throughout the day while I was in school. I had to remind myself that it doesn't matter because it was just a hookup.

I was deep in thought when I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, Rosie."

I looked up and saw that it was Mina. "Oh hey, Mina."

"Sorry I bailed out on you last time. My sister got sick and started vomiting non-stop. My parents weren't around so--"

"Oh no. How is she now?"

"Turns out she had a food poisoning, but she's fine now."

"That's good to hear."

"What's up with you though?"

"Me? Nothing," I said.

"You looked a little spacey just a while ago."

I was silent for a while. Then I said, "Mina, I hooked up with someone."

"What!? With who?"

"I met this bartender from this bar where we were supposed to meet."

"Wait. Do you mean Lisa?"

"Yes, the pretty girl with bangs. Turns out we live in the same building and yeah... we did it. Do you know her?"

"Yeah, Rosie. I've heard about her from other girls."

"What did they say about her?"

"That she's a freak in bed," said Mina. "Is it true?"

"Yeah," I said shyly. I don't usually talk about my sexual experiences.

"From what I know, she used to go to our school, too. But she got kicked out for some reason."

"Really? Why?"

"There were a lot of rumors, but I don't really know to be honest," said Mina.

I don't really know much about Lisa, but she already sounds like bad news to me. The next couple of days have been busy. I spent most of my nights studying in my room. Sometimes, I would bump into Lisa at the elevator or the hallway, but she just kept ignoring me. It was really awkward for me, but she seems unaffected by it.

Tonight, I just feel so stressed out with school. I went to the rooftop to get some fresh air. As I was staring at the night sky, I suddenly thought of Lisa. I probably shouldn't be thinking about her, but here I am.

Someone opened the door. I turned around and saw it was Lisa.

"Hey," she said.

"Hey there."

Then there was an awkward silence.

"How's it going?" said Lisa.

"Kinda stressed out with school. How about you?"

"Kinda busy... with some stuff."

"Is that why you were ignoring me?"

"Well..."

I chuckled. "It's okay. I get it. You don't like getting attached or whatever."

For a moment, I was thinking if I should ask her not. I decided to ask her. "Have you ever hooked up with the same person more than once?"

"A few times, I guess. Not more than twice though," she said.

"I've been feeling so worked up with school and all. Thought that maybe you can help me unwind..."

That night, I ended up in her bed again.