four

The next few days went by quicker than I would've expected them to be, my meeting with Harry becoming nothing more than a little thought at the back of my mind.

"Please, Jason" I pleaded into the phone, staring at the opposite wall of my studio, nervously playing with a pen as I sat down on the chair, one of my knees onto the seat. That day, I'd decided to call all my old models and see if I could convince at least one of them to come back, but so far I hadn't had any luck.

I pursed my lips as I heard the sharp "no" coming from the other side. I was screwed and I knew it, but they didn't, and I had no intention of letting them know, because I knew at least a few of them would've liked to have the upper hand.

"Will you think about it?" I asked, rolling my eyes when he closed the call while I was mid-sentence. I sighed, putting the phone down and scooting closer to the dark-coloured desk in front of me, crossing out his name from the list. I nervously tapped the pen on the desk, wondering who I should've called next.

I instantly looked up when I heard the sound of a key turning in the lock on the front door, not changing my position as the newcomer scrambled around in the entrance between finally turning around the corner and coming in sight.

"Damn, saw all the lights turned on and I thought you'd found someone!" Louis exclaimed, looking around the white studio.

I sighed again, putting the pen down but not sitting up from the comfortable chair. "You can't keep letting yourself in like that without telling me first, I got worried" I told him, sounding tired because of all the times I'd told him that. Every time, it seemed to lose its meaning a bit more.

"It's not like you were doing anything in here, anyway" he commented, taking in my disheveled state and the list in front of me. "Oh, I see, so this is why you went into hiding?"

I sent him a little glare as he approached me and sat on the desk, sliding the paper sheet out from under my hand and scanning it quickly. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, feeling a bit offended by his words.

He shrugged. "Nothing, I just thought you'd disappeared because of your recent encounter, you know. With Mr Harry Styles, also called your first model, former boyfriend in his free time."

"Will you just shut up?" I asked him, already feeling myself blush at his words. What a ridiculous reaction, especially after so many years had gone by. At times in those days, I'd felt as if I was in school all over again.

He raised an eyebrow. "Why should I? It's not like you still like him anyway, right?"

"I don't like him" I replied, emphasising the negation. "He's a prick."

He hummed, looking down at the list again. "I don't know, he may be a prick, but he's a prick you need" he said, turning the list to me. "Look at the last two names left! These two hate you, remember? You had huge arguments when they left. They will never agree to come back, no matter how much you pay them."

I closed my eyes for a few seconds, taking a deep breath, trying my best to ignore the fact that he was almost surely right. "We don't know that" I simply said, snatching the list back from him, underlining the two remaining names. I had to convince at least one of them, or else I would've been out of options - or more like, with a single option I didn't like.

"Sure, Sierra" Louis said, standing up and putting his hands on the desk as he spoke. "Want my opinion? Call Harry."

"I'm not doing that" I replied quickly. "I have no desire to work with him - or see him, for the matter - ever again."

He nodded. "Keep telling yourself that" he commented. "Anyway, I just came here to check on you, now that I know you'll probably have an emotional breakdown in the second you'll understand Harry is, indeed, your best choice, I will leave. The museum needs me!"