Chapter 1

Seoul was always so cold at this time of year, especially at night. Everyone would either turn their heaters on to suffocating level so that the room would heat up while other would light up a nice fire and then snuggle under their blankets with their loved ones.

Not Seokjin. He had to work overtime today for some extra cash because between having to pay rent, pay for food, other necessities and his dad's hospital bills, he was struggling to make ends meet.

He looked at the clock and saw he only had 10 minutes left so he sighed and went to the back to change. His eyes had bags under them but he didn't really pay them any mind as he took the apron off and shirt off, pulling his sweater out of the locker and wearing it.

Just as he came out of the back door, the sliding doors of the grocery store opened and he sighed loudly, placing his head against the door for a moment before turning around and smiling, trying not to look like he was grimacing or his boss might be mad at him when he found out.

"Can I help you sir?" The man in front of him a Beta, so he probably couldn't smell that Seokjin was an Omega and so he was safe being alone with him.

"I just need some beer." Seokjin would've asked for a license but the man was obviously old enough, he was in his mid-thirties and was taller and more muscular than Seokjin.

Though he himself was oddly tall for an Omega, sadly, he wasn't as built as he had hoped.

He allowed the man to go grab the beer and went to the cashier again, waiting for him to come back and pay so he could finally go back to his small apartment and rest for the night before starting another stressful day tomorrow.

"You're alone here?" Seokjin glanced up at the Beta and he gulped, it sounded so loud that he winced slightly.

"No, my co-worker is in the back, we're closing up soon." He wasn't stupid. He wasn't just going to tell this man he was alone when clearly, he could be a kidnapper or a serial killer. Seoul has enough of those for whoever is alone to be wary. Aka he himself.

He placed the money and closed the drawer, he smiled again, waiting for the man to leave so he could finally close up.

Once he did, he took the money out, going to the back to place it in a safe. It was a mandatory thing and the manager actually checked the cameras to check they did so. Seokjin understood so he did as asked and never forgot.

He finally finished after turning off all the lights and bringing the iron door back down, locking it up. He took a deep breath, appreciating the cold air of Seoul.

His apartment was a thirty minute walk from the grocery store. He couldn't pay for any of the closer ones and this one was the closest one he could afford. It wasn't exactly horrible, but it wasn't perfect.

The paint outside the building was falling off and the interior wasn't any better, conditions wise. They were all second-hand furniture either he'd gotten at the store or they were already there, the older owner not bothering to take it.

He was snapped out of his musings when he heard footsteps behind him and he froze for only a moment but then continued walking.

It couldn't be. No, whoever was behind him wasn't following him. He was just paranoid, their roads might just be connected. But then who would be out at this time?

He started walking faster, trying to make it look as if he was just walking normally. Though it would be hard not to noice how panicky he looked from the front.

And when he felt the footsteps getting closer, he immediately bolted, turning he corner and taking a shortcut through the alley to his apartment building.

The person was getting closer and Seokjin's ears were pounding, pushing himself to run faster. He was close to his apartment when a hand wrapped around his mouth. He screamed loudly and tried to bite the man - the hand was too big to be a woman's - but the punches him in the stomach, knocking the breath out of him.

He was pretty sure that was going to bruise.

He looked up and saw that one of the light's of the apartments were on and he screamed again, hoping that his neighbors would hear him and rescue him from this nightmare, but then he smelled something sharp, he fell unconscious before he even hit the ground.

++++

When he woke up, he was in a cage.

His head was throbbing, sitting up sent a burst of pain through his body and the events of the night started coming back to him.

He winced as he lifted his sweater and shirt up, seeing the black and blue bruise on his stomach. Looking up, he only saw a bunch of boxes and a few people moving them around.

He was immediately alarmed.

"Hey, hey! Why am I here? Let me out!" He banged against the bars, though it did nothing but cause pain for him but he really didn't care when his main objective was getting the hell out of here.

The two women gave him a glance but then the man glared at them so they re-started pulling the boxes out again. Seokjin squinted, trying to see if he could tell what was in those boxes.

Just then, one of the women - he realized they were both Betas but the male was an Alpha - tripped over a smaller box and the top of the ones in her hand open, the contents spilling out, it made Seokjin's breath hitch.

It was the portrait of that famous artist that was stolen from the museum three weeks ago. The only reason he knew that was he saw it on the TV by chance, since he didn't watch TV a lot, and then forgot about it. But this just confirmed a lot of stuff.

He was kidnapped - obviously - and by people who were mass murderers and stole expensive stuff and sold them in auctions and-

He paused, then his body started shaking with the sobs coming out of his mouth.

He was going to be sold.

{Oh look, I did something-}