Chapter 15: No Laughing Matter

Oracle's P.O.V.
What (F/N) proposed was almost insanity, at least on (his/her) end. But (he/she) seemed to trust (his/her) instincts and ours. It was weird to take orders like that, almost reminded me of Bruce. But, as odd as it was to admit it, (F/N) had a solid point. All we have to do is track Croc and Dent while (F/N) got someone (he/she) knew could help us. With (his/her) help, it'll make Red Hood look good. Dick was down in the sewer scouring for Croc while Tim and I stayed in the cave monitoring the GCPD for any attempts of a breakout. It was during this time that Tim asked me "Do think that (F/N)'s right to go to-" "No," I quickly responded, knowing who he was talking about "but (he/she) does prove a point to at least try. I mean, we did forcefully take (him/her) from (his/her) home." "That doesn't mean (he/she) has to meet him." Tim retorted as he was somehow worried for (F/N), but I didn't know why. "Tim? Are okay? You seem...off put." He shook his head, sighing, almost hesitating, as he looked at me "He reminds me of Bruce, it's just-" "Weird?" "Unnerving." Tim stuttered with slight worry. It was unusual to see him like this, but then again, Bruce was also gone. "I have a question Babs," "Yeah?" "Why does (F/N) seem so similar to Bruce?" He inquired. It made me worried, but I had to tell him. I started "Seems that (he's/she's)-" then static was heard on the Batcomputer.

Tim and I redirected our attention to the screen and saw Nightwing, beaten and bloody. "Oh my God." Tim exclaimed as I tried to track Dick down. The camera moved away from Dick to see Bane, Firefly, Croc, Two-Face and Scarecrow. I frantically typed, hoping to track Dick faster. And then our eyes were surprised to see the person holding the camera: Harley Quinn. "Howdy there Bat-Losers. How's Brucey?" she asked with malice in her voice. I snarled at the mention of Brice's name, and Tim didn't take to kindly to it either "You don't get to say his name Quinn!" He yelled. "Oh, touched a nerve there didn't I?" she mocked. Tim slammed his fist near my keyboard and yelled "Enough games Quinn, give the camera to your boss!" and all she did was laugh. Tim loosened his anger to confusion to which Quinn said "You're looking at the boss." "What about Scarecrow?" Tim pondered to Quinn. "He's right here," the camera showed Scarecrow making a sort of toxin, although I was unsure of what exactly it was "and he's certainly enjoying his time with friends." Scarecrow didn't make eye contact with Harley or even the camera. Harley looked into the camera and mocked "Scarecrow's with us, and he's not exactly feeling himself. So he's going to make you share my pain, especially since I know where you are. Tata for now Bat-Losers!" as she smashed the camera.

I was in shock, out of breath. I couldn't believe what was happening. Tim started walking away from the computer "We need a new base of operations." "Where Tim? Wayne Manor is destroyed, the clock tower's shut down, Harley knows where (F/N)'s apartment is, and the Batcave is no more. We have no place to go." I told him. He sighed and started to think of a place to go that was not on Harley's radar, that's when I had an idea "I think I know where we can go. But it's risky." "Where?" Tim asked.

Nightwing's P.O.V.
I was tied up and I couldn't feel anything aside from broken bones and blood trickling down my body. I knew I was still in the sewer judging from the smell, and the fact that Croc was eyeing me from below. I gathered my surroundings and saw I was tied to a chair on a rickety platform floating on water, with Croc substituting as the shark. Crocs bright yellow eyes stared at me as I heard a door open. I looked around and saw light to my left, with a female figure shadowing my view. I could tell it was Harley from the ponytails, she spoke in her usual voice "Howdy Birdbrain! Wanna jump in? The water's warm." "I'll pass." I painfully spoke. Harley got closer and grabbed her bat "Don't be such a sourpuss, that's Batsys job, or, it used to be." I looked at her with anger in my eyes and spat blood at her. She seemed shocked at first but then wiped the blood off with a cloth and brought the bat up high. I could hear the wind whistling before what felt like a bus hit the side of my jaw. I landed hard on the ground, as if I needed more pain. "Oi, that jaw ain't healing real quick with two good blows." Harley mocked "Oh well, enjoy your company Birdboy. Croc's surely gonna love yours." and she left the way she came.

Your P.O.V.
You sighed as you kinda figured what would happen once you stepped inside. Selina was trembling, something you wouldn't see with an accomplished cat burglar. But then again, she knew not to steal who you were going to meet. "Are you sure we have to do this? I mean, visit him?" Selina quivered. You nodded your head "We have to. Besides, he and I are on good terms." Selina sighed "Okay. I'm trusting you (F/N)." You took a deep breath in and hoped you and he would talk.

A/N: I firstly want to say I'm sorry. I haven't been keeping up on my promises of a chapter a week or a quick update. Been dealing with a lot lately so I'll leave with this: I will upload the next five chapters simultaneously. Meaning all at once, when they come out: I don't fucking know. But they will be out. I will also be working on my other two books and will post the quality I think is presentable. Until then I hoped you enjoyed the chapter, make sure to vote for the next books in my conversations (not here please and thank you), and have a great day/night. :)