My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Nine

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved

WARNING: UNEDITED

Awesome cover done by my space (was sent through mail). I can't seem to know your WP username so please hit me a message so I could dedicate this chapter to you. :-)

Chapter Thirty Nine

Reagan's Point of View

I couldn't understand what's happening around me.

          Bryson's frigid, cold treatment... Ciara's smug bitchiness... them being back together.... it felt like I was in a twilight zone, like some alternative universe.

       What's even freaky was this incident in the hallway, where Bryson was having a migraine episode, and Ciara coming to his aid with a look of fear in her face. She was hiding something, and more importantly, she did something to Bryson...

           And the images that I saw on his head.

         That dark haired man was dangerously beautiful, too beautiful that he looked inhuman - like Derek.

           A pure blood.

         “Ugh,”I grunted. All of this was making my head spin. I needed some answers, and I was most definitely would get to the bottom of this. Bryson and I may not be together, but he would always have a place in my heart. He was my first love, my first time, and my best friend. I would always care about him, even though I didn't have romantic feelings for him anymore.

          With a sigh, I opened the front door to let myself in and headed directly upstairs to crash for the day. All that thinking had me spent... yeah, it called for a lot of brain surgery, thank you very much.

          “Ma Cherie,” that head spinning, toe curling voice called out to me before I even made the first step to the stairs. “What, no hello, or a hi from my beloved?” he said, chuckling low and deep.

         Dammit.

        Sighing, I turn around, and there he was... my man.

         My Derek.

       He was not wearing his coat and tie like he usually would on most days. He was dressed for comfort in just his white v-neck shirt, straight cut jeans, and white sneakers. Through the simplicity of his clothes, he managed to look scrumptious as hell.

       “How was school?” he asked, smiling fondly at me it made my heart ache. He opened his arms wide, and said, “Come, my little one. I miss you very much.”

      How could this beautiful, sweet man managed to love me, an average girl, who look so ordinary? I didn't deserve this man; he was too perfect to be with someone who had a messed up life, with prophecy hanging above their head.

        I didn't deserve this kind of happiness.

        I didn't deserve Derek.

       Sensing my turmoil, he frowned, and let his arms down. “Love, are you okay?” he asked as he walked towards to where I am. Upon reaching me, he gently wrapped me in his arms, and stroked my back like it was a caress. God, my knees were about to turn jello with that. “Is anything the matter?”