Chapter 2 - The Imagined Great Qi Emperor

Actually, many years ago, Yan Ping, his small face flushed like fire, with grief and indignation, had defensively said "An Yi, I'm not homosexual!"

At that time, my chubby claws firmly grasped his slender wrist, exerting all the strength in my body, wanting to pull him to my side, and refusing to relinquish my hold.

The previous great Chen emperor was still alive then, and the great Chen palace, even amidst the chaos of war and the many vassal states of the outside world, was still a beautiful place.

The previous dynasty's great Liang emperor had been very licentious and tyrannical, causing the country passed down by the ancestors to be lost completely. Eighteen regions rebelled against the emperor. Sixty-four regions were enshrouded in the smoke of war. Xiao Huang's grandfather was one of those regions. The great Chen dynasty hadn't even existed for one hundred years when Xiao Huang's grandfather had conquered the world, passing it onto Xiao Huang's father. But even so, the current situation of vassal states clashing in an attempt to seize power was unstoppable.

When the previous emperor was still just the crown prince, he, my father, and Yan Ping's father were like good brothers, fighting shoulder to shoulder on the battlefield.

My father was cowardly by nature, but had extraordinary strength. He swore he would be a scholar one day, using elegant and ornate words of justice and virtue to cleanse the world and save the common people. Afterwards, after almost losing his life a few times in the chaos, he changed professions to become a pork butcher. Then, after a long period of killing pigs, he went onto the battlefield to do the evil business of killing people. The army he was thrown into was precisely that of Xiao Huang's father.

That's why, when I was very little, there was actually a period of time that Yan Ping and I spent a cheerful childhood together.

At that time, mother had already left this world and the previous emperor had already ascended the throne with two major chancellors under him. One was Yan Ping's father, Yan Yu. The other was my father.

I was naughty and stubborn since little, and compared to children of the same age, had much greater strength. Every time the palace hosted a feast, Uncle Yan would bring Yan Ping along to attend. When I saw this little boy, whose face was like a painting, my heart would become elated, often forcefully grabbing his hand to go play.

His strength was very little. With his slender wrist tightly grasped by my chubby hands, face flushing so happily that he was nearly in tears, he would very bashfully refuse. "......Don't......Don't want......" (Was it that those were actually tears of fear?)

All of the uncles in the room had once been on the battlefield, so their voices were very resonant. Each of them would burst into laughter, "Brother Yan, this son your family is raising seems rather like a maiden. If that were true, he could becomes An Yi's young wife. Just look at An Yi's delighted appearance....."

When I heard these words, I became even more joyfully satisfied. Going forward, I smacked my lips twice, stamping a seal on each side of his cheeks, self-righteously laughing, "Wife, come play with me..."

Crying, Yan Ping was pulled away by me....

Actually, even when crying, my little wife still had a face that was like a painting. Drop by big drop of pearl-like tears rolling down, without even the smallest hint of snot drippings, he was very good-looking.

Not like me. If father didn't agree to satisfy my demands, I would lay down on the spot, causing a scene, rolling around, using any and all methods to......being like that must also be extremely good-looking, right?