Chapter One

Before we begin, because I know you clever little shits skip my notes, these are some things you need to know:

This is an AU book where all the characters of my choosing are at a desolate boarding school. 

Now although this book is BoyXBoy, and I'm sure a lot of you are anticipating that, I'm warning you now:

THIS BOOK. HAS. MAJOR CHARACTER DEATHS.

And I'm extremely descriptive when it comes to gore. So if you have a weak heart or simply can't handle your favorite character dying, LEAVE NOW.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

EDIT: I will be fixing this book for the next few days, making changes to the plot. I'll leave an update on my profile when the process is complete and there is finally a new chapter. I usually write on the app but it's being a little shit so I'm writing this on my computer, so apologies if the formatting or whatever looks different. 

————

    🎶Up on melancholy hill, there's a plastic tree. Are you here with me?🎶

    The large buildings were slowly disappearing one by one. Now it was all forests and mountains with a tiny shop or house scattered here and there. Up in the pale sky were a few clouds; it was probably gonna rain later. Ren didn't mind rain.

    🎶Just looking out on the day of another dream...🎶

    With a quiet sigh Ren checked the time on his phone again, frowning at the lock screen picture of him alongside his older sister, two brothers and mom. It felt like it was yesterday he was saying goodbye to them, with his mother giving him the biggest hug and his siblings wishing him good luck at his new school. Yet it was only an hour ago.

    🎶Well you can't get what you want, but you can get me...🎶

    Glancing toward the back of the bus, Ren stared at the other people aboard then quickly put his gaze forward again. There was only an elderly couple and a young man, but the one person Ren was trying to ignore was the young, redheaded girl in the same uniform as him.

    She was leaning forward on the seat in front of her with a big smile on her face as she stared at Ren. True, she looked very pretty, but Ren didn't want to get involved. Pretending not to notice her, he turned up the volume on his headphones and took a sip from his bottle of peach tea.

    🎶So let's set out to sea. 'Cause you are my medicine, when you're close to me...🎶

    Ren yawned to himself and looked at the pamphlet for his new school again, rereading the information until his eyes hurt. Setting it back in his bag, he let out another sigh.

    🎶When you're close to me...🎶

    The bus stopped by a small neighborhood. The elderly couple got off followed by the young man. Then that girl came running over and hopped in the empty seat beside Ren.

    "Hi there!" she beamed.

    "Hello..." Ren gave a nod.

    "You're enrolling at Soperan University too, huh?"

    "Mhmm..."

    "So, whatcha listenin' to?"

    Ren showed her the screen of his phone where the song title was displayed:

    'On Melancholy Hill by Gorillaz'

    "Oh! You're into European bands, huh?" the girl smiled.