9 || Don't Play Yourself

"I wish yall would hurry up." Casey yelled to the girls who were all in their rooms getting dressed for the night. Brandon Smith invited them to an old school skating party since it was their last night before they headed back home. The girls were overly excited while Casey was the opposite. She knew that Gabe was probably already in his feelings about her being gone and once he finds out she's out here hanging around other dudes, he will lose his shit.

But then, there was a little birdie in her ear reminding her of the time when Gabe was not thinking about her, not once, not twice, but three times. And that third time, oooh honey, the third time is a charm, isn't it? Oh the irony. Trying not to dwell on the past and enjoy herself, she made her a cup of pineapple Fanta and Hennessy.

"It was just Pineapple Fanta when it aint no mo sprite left." She caught herself rapping as she poured her glass.

"You in here talking to yourself now?" Bree asked as she laughed at Casey.

"Are yall ready now? Damn." Casey said grabbing her clutch and drink to exit the room as the other girls followed. Truth be told, she wasn't in a rush to get to the party but rather, in a rush to escape from her own thoughts. Recently, he thoughts were flooded with Gabe and what could've been or what should've been. Often, she questioned herself and her worth. Maybe she wasn't enough woman for Gabe, is what she would often tell herself. There was no other reason for him to cheat. She searched high and low for one and came up empty.

"What are you over there in deep thought about?" Casey was so consumed in her thoughts that she didn't realize that they were not out of the hotel and into an Uber, the Uber that was taking them to the party.

"Nothing. Yall took to damn long now I need a nap."

"OOOOH CHILE you get on my damn nerves. Let me find out Gabe pissed in your Cheerios." Ashleigh responded.

"Fuck Gabe."

"OOOP. Well, okay then." Ashleigh said as she threw her own drink back. "She said a lot there." She continued.

"Sure did. So how do you know Brandon again?" Michelle asked.

"He was a freshmen when I was a senior. He'd always joke about having a crush on me. I entertained a bit but we were better off as friends. Ended up being best friends. I would support him at his basketball games and he would come visit me at Tennessee Southern sometimes. Then, I met Maal. He didn't like it and I aint talked to Brandon since. He stopped calling, texting, visiting all of that." Casey said.

"Well, it dont look like its any hard feelings to me." Bree said just as they pulled up the skating rink.

The girls went inside, rented their skates and grabbed some drinks before going out on the rink. As they took at seat at the nearby booth, Casey felt a presence approach the table. Like an instant reaction, she turned around defensive and mugging whoever thought it was a good idea to walk up on her. He face soon softened when she realized who it was. She instantly grabbed him in a hug and screamed a little in his ear.

"2TONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She yelled. "Bro it's been forever. How have you been? How's Danielle and the baby?" She asked as she let him out of the death grip of a hug she had on him.

"They're good. We have two more now and actually got married." He said with a grin. "What you doing here? Where is GM?" He asked referring to Gabe. 2Tone was a DJ and prior client of Casey's and also a friend of Kev's. He knew Gabe before his career took off. 2Tone often thanks Gabe for the subsequent take off of his career as well, claiming that Gabe put his name in a few good ears.

"Gabe is at home. I had a panel yesterday so we just hanging out." She replied.

"Cool, let me get back up here and work. It was good seeing you. Tell GM I said what's up." He said while walking away. Casey then rejoined the girls at the table where they were currently sitting and drinking.