Chapter 23

"they found another body, Grace. The Sheriff found another body, half an hour ago. Another person that was The Black Hood's victim." he sat down, avoiding eye contact. I stood there in shock, not knowing what and how to respond.

"are you being serious right now?! Who was it?!"

"It was a girl, Midge Klump... She went to our school" he said looking at me with no expression.

"Midge?! Oh my God" I said and sat down on the couch slowly. Even though I and Midge never talked, she seemed a really nice girl. I really felt sad for her, she wasn't even 18 years old. Her parents are going to be crushed.

"where did they find her?" I asked the tone of my voice was really low.

"somewhere near her house, I don't know exactly where. She was chocked to death" Sweet Pea responded, looking at the floor.
A tear rolled down my cheek but I immediately wiped it away. And Sweet Pea noticed. I took a shaky breath and stood up.

"I'm sorry, I should have answered the phone.." I said avoiding eye contact. He came closer and hugged me tightly.

"you scared the shit out of me, you know that?" he whispered. "I'm sorry" I replied, pulling back. He stared at me for a moment and then he gave me a kiss on the lips.

"can we go to bed now? I'm really tired" I said truthfully. We both needed sleep.

"yeah, of course"

-
I woke up from the annoying sound of my alarm. I groaned and closed it quickly.
Sweet Pea's arms were wrapped around me tightly. Unfortunately, he was still sleeping.

"Sweet Pea, wake up or we're gonna be late again!" I yelled, pushing him off me.
He opened his eyes slowly and looked at me for a second.

"why are you always such a bitch in the morning?" he asked, standing up and I rolled my eyes. "you know, I never liked waking up early"

"I know Sweets, I don't like it either. But we have school" I said, fixing my hair and putting some makeup on

"You wanna go to the White Wyrm tonight?" he asked, giving me a kiss on my cheek.

"I, um- I kinda..have plans for tonight, sorry," I said and smiled. He looked confused.
"what plans?" he asked.

"I'm going out with Toni, Veronica, and Josie.."

"wait, what? Again?" Sweet Pea asked and chuckled. "where are you going to go?"

Don't be mad at me, but Cheryl Blossom is trapped at the Sisters Of Quiet Mercy, and she needs our help to get the fuck out of there.
Should I tell him? I don't like lying to him. But what if I tell him and he doesn't let me go? Yep, he definitely won't agree with that. I tried to think of a lie, that was believable.
"We are going to Pop's. But don't come to get me later, okay? I'll probably sleep at Veronica's."

"Okay, be careful. Do you want me to drive you there?" he asked nicely. "well, actually, this wasn't a question. I am driving you at Pop's. And don't say no, because it won't make me change my mind"

"fine, you can drive me there. Now let's go" I laughed.

-

While I was walking down the hallways at school, a really sad Reggie walked past me.

"Hi" I said and gave him a sympathetic smile. I knew he knew Midge Klump because a friend of his, Moose Mason, was dating her.

"Hey," he replied, looking at me sadly.

"I'm so sorry for Midge.." I said and gave him a hug. "I know you two were friends. How did Moose take it?"

"yes, we were... And Moose is depressed. He hasn't said a word since yesterday.  We are all pretty worried about him, you know.." he said.

"I think he will move on. But he needs time" I said and Reggie nodded in agreement.

"Hey, Reggie, can I ask you for a favor?" I whispered and took a step closer to him  He furrowed his eyebrows and then smirked.

"it depends," he said. "what do you want?"

"a gun," I said and smiled innocently. He chuckled, thinking I was joking.

"Wait, hold on, are you serious?! why do want a gun?!" he asked in shock.

"I'm going out in the woods tonight, I have to do something important with some of my friends. And I need a gun, just in case.. you know.. the black hood pops out of nowhere"

"Grace, I'm not going to give you a gun. are you out of your mind?" he laughed and shook his head

"why not? C'mon Mantle. Just give me a damn gun, just for tonight!" I begged him and he sighed.

"fine. Be careful" he warned me and I nodded. "I will, and thank you"

"tell me place and time"

"outside of Veronica's house, at 8:30 pm"

"I'll be there, sunshine"

-
hours later

"Where do you want me to drop you off?" Sweet Pea asked while I got into the car, putting my seatbelt on

"At Veronica's house," I said and smiled.

"Okay ma'am," he said jokingly and I giggled. 

...

"Thanks again, I love you. bye" I said and got out of the car. Josie, Toni and Veronica were right outside of Ronnie's big ass house.

"I love you too, be safe! bye" Sweet Pea said and left.

"you guys are such a cute couple" Josie said and smiled. "literally goals"

"I agree," Veronica said.

"thanks-", I was about to thank them, but Toni cut me off, annoyed.

"Enough with this stupid conversation, no offense Grace, but Cheryl is in danger!" Toni said and rolled her eyes.

I quickly turned on my phone to see the time. 8:29p.m.It was already dark outside. Reggie is going to be here in seconds. Aaand here he is.

"Reggie?" Veronica questioned, stepping closer to the car that was parked right in front of her.

"Hello, ladies" he greeted and winked.
"what the heck are you doing here?" Josie asked Reggie

"Oh, don't act like you're not happy to see me Josephine" he continued to flirt, making me more annoyed.
"enough with the flirting, Reginald! Did you bring it?" I asked and he nodded.
"bring what?" Toni asked and looked at me.

Reggie gave me the gun and Josie giggled anxiously. "its fake right? it's fake... " Josie said.

"No, I'm afraid, it's not fake" I smiled. "thanks Reggie"

"Good idea, you are actually smarter than I thought," Veronica said and smiled too.

-