Chapter 14

The silence was interrupted by the door squeaking open, her father walking in and sitting two chairs away from her.

"Where's Slendy?" He asked, looking annoyed for being called in here and finding his brother gone.

"Dunno." Hadley said, watching her Mouse run from the desk, across her leg, and hop into the welcoming hand.

"You like rats?" Offender asked, 'narrowing' his 'eye's at the adorable rodent.

"Mouse." She corrected, huffing in annoyance. "Rats have a long and naked tail."

"So you don't?"

"They're not bad, but diseases and such." Hadley said, then muttered, "though you probably have your own."

"Hey, I wear protection... most of the time." Offender said defensively, but even he seemed a bit unsure.

Hadley smiled, then it disappeared as she remembered she was trying to act annoyed around him.

"Good, you're both here." Slender announced, walking in.

"You're late." Both Hadley and Offender said in unison. Then looked at each other in surprise.

"That's not important. But what is is about what happened, Hadley." Slender said, sitting. A solemnness in his tone.

Hadley shifted uncomfortably, having had refused to let the memory enter her head. The voices and the pain- Oh, she's been rubbing her hands over her arms, the exact places of the supposed scratches.

"Can you tell me about the voices?"

Hadley swallowed, and exhaled. "Th there's two, I learned one is called Maura. The other is s some kind of female, b but I dunno. The unnamed one w was going on about me having some sort of imperfection or something like that."

"I see, anything else?"

"Did I already tell you the pain in my arms? The cutting feelings?" Hadley asked, seeing Slender nod.

"Not exactly the cutting feeling."

"Oh okay." Hadley said, looking at her hands to see she's been rubbing them with more force than needed again. That explained the mild burning feeling. "It just felt like knives were pressing lines into me, getting worse and the v voices were arguing, Maura saying something like someone not being happy if I'm injured."

Slender nodded, his area where his brows would've been looking scrunched thoughtfully.

"I don't know what else to say. That's all I remember." Hadley said, slumping in her seat.

"Uh, hey, can I see your arms for a sec?" Offender asked, turning to her.

She made an uncomfortable expression.

"Just a little sec, that's all." Offender insisted, then she gave in and lifted her arms a bit. He took them and looked them over, one long finger going over a patch of invisible lines where phantom touches had occurred once since she awoke. And she jolted at the touch.

"Seems like something's covering this up." Offender muttered, scraping a nail slightly and something gave Hadley a little shock up her spine and she looked back to see red marks crisscrossing her skin.

She gasped, pulling them back and staring at them in shock. They were deep looking and had welts as if they were recent.

"Wh what? How?" She sputtered, refraining from feeling then over in fear of sharp pain.

"Just a little visual trick." Offender said, frowning. "Some supernaturals would know how to do this, covering up tracks."

Slender gently grabbed her arm and looked over then himself. "I see. I don't know how I couldn't possibly overlooked that."

"You only met about three who could do this and that was near the Victorian era."

While they talked and evaluated the recent looking cuts, Hadley began to feel a bit dizzy and didn't voice it.

She was beginning to wish she did as she soon fell out of consciousness.

___________________

Updated, yay!

I don't know if I like how it turned out though. But I'm kinda getting back into the plot.

Any who, how're your summers going so far? Good, bad, neutral? Mine's neutral for now. Might go swimming in the cold river at my Apa's fishcamp tomorrow.

Vote and Comment!