Roger Taylor - Too Little, Too Late

It had been a while. It had been quite a while since you'd seen the boys of Queen. 4 years? Maybe 5? When Roger Taylor left you for another woman you thought that was it. You thought nothing else would matter. Your heart was broken. 1982 had been a good year so far. Working for a broadcasting company as an executive producer. Marching around the studio with your clipboard and chin up. As soon as you stepped foot in the building, your assistant Chloe had coffee and memos ready for you. You had it good.

"Morning, (Y/N)!"

"Good morning, Chloe. Thank you," You smile, talking the coffee from her hand. "How was your sister's wedding?"

"Oh, it's was lovely!" Chloe was no older than 23 and was a brilliantly competent worker.

"You'll have show me the pictures later. I've always wanted a Spring wedding, you know." You smile at the girl and the two of you walk through the building.

"(Y/N)! Hey uh, I need you to-"

"Not now, Phil, leave it with Chloe and it'll get to me." You were a busy woman and didn't have time for much, especially the awfully two-faced operations manager so you often had to give him to Chloe.

"It's kinda-"

"With Chloe, Phil."

He continued to trail behind you along with your young assistant.

Turning the corner, you saw the sight you didn't think you'd see again; Queen. All together. In a line. Part of you thought this was a bad dream. The other part just saw it as business. You hadn't had time to mentally prepare yourself for that part of your life to come rushing back but here it was. You couldn't never fully escape it as their songs played everywhere, but it was usually Freddie's voice that you heard and you could live with that.

"Well well, this is a sight for sore eyes." You smiled, tilting your head to the side.

"No way."

"(Y/N)? Oh my God! You look amazing." Brian remained the darling man you knew as he stepped forward to embrace you.

"It's been far too long, how are you?" John shook his head, which now adorned some kind of fluffy perm, as he mimicked Brian's actions and hugged you.

"My, Oh my! (Y/N), I am speechless! Look at you, so important and proper. You look amazing, my dear, sex on legs! Seriously, I am speechless." Freddie raved as he grabbed you next. You were always close with Freddie, he was the first one you'd met.

"Not really what speechless means, Fred." Brian berated, still looking at you with nostalgia and happiness.

"Hiya, (Y/N). You been alright?" Roger Taylor's voice should have shook you. It should've made you think of everything that happened. It should've made your heart beat faster like it used to.

But it didn't.

"More than." You smiled back. Your voice was saccharine and your smile was purely business. Nothing about your greeting was real and he knew it. The other boys seemed to breathe a of relief seeing your passive attitude towards Roger. Of course none of them seem to notice the fake smile of course none of them seem to notice the falseness. But he absolutely did. Course he did, you were in love with him for almost 6 years.

"So gents," Chloe handed you a couple of documents before you continued. "Promoting another album, so obviously you know the drill; we will shove you in a room for a bit, interviewers will have 10-15 minute slots with you and then you're good to go."

Chloe handed you a piece of paper that you skim read and asked the assistant to 'confirm a time for Wednesday'. 

"Straight to business, (Y/N)?"