oh my sad garbage man

I wrote a short story with Chad that took place after he had lost his girlfriend but not after he met I.S (Ivy)
I shared it with myboi but I wanted to share it with you guys too UwU

——

The church was quiet as it always was. With all the wars and fighting outbreaks it became nearly abandoned with very few visitors still. The walls were faded and the seats were dusty from old age. Only a few pastors sat with one another discussing life amongst other things. It was quite peaceful until there was a loud knock from the tall wood doors near the front of the building. This caught the pastors attention towards the sound. One of them stands to see who it was but he didn't get the chance to. For the next knock came even more violent and forced the doors to open. In the middle of the doorway stood a man. A man with a crinkled shirt, messy hair, and a bottle of booze in his hand. He looked wrecked to say the least. With one half of his shirt tucked in and the other hanging loose he lets out a merry whistle as he steps inside. He flashes a fanged grin towards the now stunned group of pastors and spoke, "Hey they holy men, it's me, ya boy."
The group ahead was at a loss of words. They began to mutter amongst each other when one of them let out a loud gasp. At closer inspection of the pathetic man before them he was able to come to the conclusion that he was not of this world. That he was in fact from the world below them. This put them all on edge, but the man who had previously entered only snickered at their confrontation.
One of the pastors dared to speak. "This- this is the house of god! You cannot step foot in here!"
The devil chuckles. He purposely slides into one of the benches and places his feet on top of the next row of seats in front of him. Resting his arms on the roof of his chair he glances around the room before turning his gaze back to the front group with a cocky grin. "When's he comin back home?"
The group of men seemed more than upset by his statement. It was evident that they were about to approach the demon when one of them put their hand up, reassuring his colleagues that he would handle this. After some hesitation the rest of the pack falls back allowing the single pastor to approach the sad man in his lonesome throne. He takes a seat next to him, flattening his hands against his lap.
||(From here I didn't feel like writing their whole conversation in third person so-)||
Pastor: ... what's your name?
???: what's it to you?
Pastor: well I don't think calling you 'demon' or 'devil' would be very polite now would it?
???: hm, s'pose not
Pastor: so?
???: ... name's Chad
Pastor: Adam, a pleasure to meet you
Chad: a pleasure? Now don't go hitting on me in front of the big guy, I don't think he'd like that very much
Adam: hilarious
Chad: yeah this place sure is a joke
Adam: what brings you here, Chad?
Chad: pft- whaddya mean? I'm here to fuck around, for shits n giggles. You should've seen the look on ya faces when I walked in *chuckles, goes to take a sip from bottle*
Adam: *takes bottle, holds it in his lap*
Chad: wh- my booze-!
Adam: what brings you here, /really?/
Chad: ...
Adam: *slowly goes to take drink from bottle*
Chad: hey-! Wait a minute- don't you have some kind of rule or somthin' where you can't drink? That's breakin the rules!
Adam: well like you said, the father himself isn't here, and what he doesn't know won't hurt him
Chad: ... I like you
Adam: answer the question. What brings a drunk demon into a run down church
Chad: ...
Chad: ... I'm lost
Adam: how so?
Chad: it's.. complicated
Adam: try me
Chad: *grumbles* ... I found someone. And.. she was basically my everything. And now she's gone, and I don't think she's ever coming back. I'm lost. I don't know what to do. I don't know where to go. She would point me in the right direction but now I don't even know the difference between up and down, left and right
Adam: ... while that might be the alcohol, I can see what you mean. But not all hope is lost
Chad: *snorts* please
Adam: it's true. I don't know your exact situation, but know that there will always be something to look forward to. Hope may not always be there, it may seem lost or destroyed-
*cut to scene showing I.S, young, doodling on a bunch of papers*
Adam: -but it will always find a way to come back where you least expect it

——