04 [ 03 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

STEVE

I fiddled with the machine in my hands that I've found lying around the apartment. It looked like a camera, but not like any that I've ever seen.

"Stop playing with it, you're going to spoil it." Camille scolds, snatching it out of my hand as she plops down beside me on the couch.

I scoot closer to her, draping a hand around her as she easily switches on the device.

"I know it's a camera of some sort, but how does it work?" I ask, despite knowing that I was going to get teased for it.

"You're adorable when you're clueless." She teases, just as I expected.

Camille shifts on the couch, leaning her back against me.

"It's an instant film camera." She explains, "You take a picture and it prints it out once you've taken it."

She wraps her arm around my neck, pulling me closer to her as she leans in for a picture.

"Say cheese!" She exclaims as she points the lens at us.

We both smile for the camera and a piece of film gets fed out following the flash as soon as she presses down on the button.

I take it, curious to see how it would turn out, only to be disappointed when I take a good look it.

"It's empty." I say with a frown, drawing laughter from Camille.

"It needs to develop, so you've got wait." She explains further.

"That's interesting." I mutter to myself, staring down in awe at the picture in my hand as it starts to take colour.

Suddenly, a bright flash goes off and I look up to see Camille giggling as she retrieves the film that was being printed out.

"I wasn't ready." I say, trying to snatch the picture out of her hands, but she pulls it away from me.

"Well, I think you look cute." She says, giving me a quick peck on my lips.

I try to hide my smile as but failed miserably as I watch her.

"Give me that." I reach over to take the camera from her with my mind set on a little revenge.

But instead of that, I fumbled with the camera, confused as to what I'm supposed to do with it just so I could get a picture, even though I had just watched Camille do it.

"Press here." She instructs, moving my finger onto the button.

Camille then leans back into the couch as she poses for a picture with that signature smile of hers that has me falling for her all over again every single time.

I quickly snap the picture and wait for a moment as the image starts to form.

As soon as the image is clear enough to see, I flip it around to let her see the first Polaroid picture I've ever taken and lucky for me, it was one I was sure I'll keep with me forever.