33| I Hate You

33| I Hate You

    "YOU wish you could've blocked that!" I yelled across the net at Noah

    Noah rolled his eyes. "Please, Pierce. I'm going easy on you, and everyone knows it."

    "In your dreams," I said.

    Another day, another scrimmage. It was Friday, and we had started our scrimmage at 5:30. It was almost 7 by now, but I had just scored the last point with my hit, making us win. We had been winning all week, anyway.

    Everyone was getting off the court and heading over to gear down. I went and sat with my back up against the bleachers, starting to take off my shoes and all of my other volleyball gear.

    "Another win," Sophie stayed. "I'm not sure Athens is going to be able to beat us."

    "Oh, absolutely not," I agreed.

    I watched as Savannah left the gym with Genevieve, who was on crutches now because of her injury. It still annoyed me that Savannah was playing, but there was nothing I could do about it. The only thing I could do was play my best game so that we didn't lose.

    "Savannah's not doing so good," I whispered. "Not to mention, she's basically been a ghost. I haven't heard her say one thing to anyone besides Coach or Genevieve all week."

    Gracie shrugged. "Maybe she realized that no one likes her."

    "Come on guys... we should try and be a little nicer," Rose added. As always, she was being the nice one. "She hasn't bothered any of us recently."

    "I beg to differ. She's bothered me every single time she's swung her arm like a noodle to hit the damn ball," I said, and a few of the girls chuckled. "I've been playing nice, though, haven't I? Not one insult or mean word has slipped out of my mouth when it comes to Savannah!"

    "I'll give you that. You haven't been very openly mean to her," Rose said.

    "It's pretty shocking, actually," Melissa chimed in, scooting closer into our circle. "You have been slightly nicer than usual. What's gotten into you?"

    I rolled my eyes. "Maybe I'm just actually nice?" I suggested. "Or I just feel like being nicer this week."

    "Either way, I'm not complaining," Melissa said. "You haven't snapped at me once this week for dropping my elbow when I hit even though I know I've done it at least twice."

    I shrugged. "You're still hitting better than Savannah."

    "That's the sweetest thing you've said!" Melissa exclaimed. "Okay, I've gotta go. Olivia, you coming?" Olivia nodded and followed Melissa out of the gym.

    All of the girls started leaving one after the other, leaving just Gracie and I. We finally stood up with our volleyball bags and started walking out of the gym and towards the exit to the parking lot. It was just past 7 now, and the sun was setting. It was also still fairly warm out, which was nice.