JayXReader: Kitchen Confession

You laughed when Jay stumbled and fell, landing onto his rear. Your h/c h/l hair flew in the soft breeze of the training grounds, your e/c eyes sparkling.

"A-Are you okay Jay-Jay?" You giggled, knowing he hated that nickname.

He pouted at you.

"Y/N you know I hate that name!" He whined adorably.

You cooed at him, reaching out a hand for him to take.

"Aww but it suits you so nicely." You cooed.

He scowled, taking your hand, his palm swallowing yours. He rose to his feet while avoiding your eyes, Kai behind him, his arms crossed and a smirk on his lips.

"Way to impress a girl Jay." He chuckled.

Jay's face tinted and he began to stutter a denial.

"Wh-Why would I try to impress anyone?! I wasn't trying to impress anyone!" He complained.

You giggled again and tugged at his sleeve.

"Come on you big oaf, I made you a surprise. It's inside the kitchen."

Immediately he brightened and began to cheer, raising his fist towards the air in victory. He whooped and hollered as he marched towards the dojo. You smiled and chuckled.

You were the granddaughter of Master Wu, but you weren't born with any Spinjitsu, you were just normal. But, even as normal as you were, you trained with the Ninja, hoping to become as strong as they were, even without the power of the first Spinjitsu Master. Ever since you began training with them, they began treating you like a sister, and you treated as your brothers.

But...

There was one who you wished you didn't.

Jay.

He was so sweet, so funny, just always the light of your day. Somehow he always knew how to make you smile, even on your worst days. You never told anyone your feelings, especially the other boys, who knows what they might think!

"Hey, Y/N," Kai said, holding you back.

You tilted your head, blinking at him.

"What's up?" You asked.

He nodded towards where Jay had disappeared.

"Isn't he acting a little stranger than usual?" He asked.

You blinked, this wasn't what you were expecting. Nibbling your lip, your eyes widened.

He was right. He seemed to be acting a tad bit differently. Sometimes his smiles didn't reach his eyes, or sometimes he would leave whenever you walked into the room. Once you asked him what his favorite movie was, and he suddenly started stammering and got all fidgety, something he doesn't do unless he was nervous or something.

You shrugged.

"I don't know, I'll ask him."

Kai nodded.

"You do that. I need to talk to others." He said.

You nodded as he walked away, heading towards the kitchen.

You peeked inside, surprised to find him leaning against the counter, his hand tight against the wood, his back stiff and the sweets you made for him earlier untouched. He was mumbling.

"You can do this....." He mumbled. "It's okay, you can do this, it's like riding a bike.....wait what? No, it's not it's nothing like riding a bike....okay okay...just calm down and tell her."

You blinked. Her? Was he talking about Nya? You knew he had a crush on her, ever since Kai and she arrived and started training. Your heart stung. Deciding that it was time to make yourself known, you tapped your knuckles against the side of the door-less entry.

He startled, whipping around to find you standing there. He swallowed.

"H-Hey Y/N! What's up?" He asked nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

You blinked again. This wasn't like him.

"Hey, are you okay?" You asked, stepping up to him. "You haven't been yourself lately."

His cheeks took on a new tint.

"Y-You noticed?" He asked.

You nodded.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" You asked, stepping towards him and peeking at his face. "You look a little pale and your cheeks are flushed, did you get sick?"

His cheeks darkened in color from how close you were standing and he backed away slightly, not breaking the eye-contact you had created.

"N-No! I-I'm not sick!" He said much too quickly, waving his hands in front of his chest, backing away until he cornered himself against the counter.

"Then why do you sometimes leave the room when I walk in?" You question.

"W-Well--"

"Did I do something? Did I do something wrong?" You asked worriedly.

He immediately shook his head.

"N-No Y/N! You didn't--"

"It was probably when I lit your pants on fire by accident!" You said, snapping your fingers. "Or maybe it was that time when I broke your favorite cup! I said I was sorry!"

"Y-Y/N--"

"Was it because I've been hanging around Zane too long?! Or maybe it's because my last batch of sweets turned out to be horrible! Or maybe it--"

Before you could continue your ramble, Jay grabbed your shoulders, switching your position so that your back pressed against the cool wooden counter.

"It's because I love you!" He exclaimed.

Your breath hitched.

"W-What?" You squeaked.

He swallowed his face dark red.

"I-I've liked you for a while. I-I wanted to tell you...but I could never find the nerve or the right time and I was so scared that you didn't feel the same way. I've liked you for months and I--"

You pressed your lips against his, shutting off his ramble. His cheeks flared deep red before his eyes closed and he eagerly welcomed the kiss. You slipped your hands onto his shirt, clutching the fabric as his arms made their way around your waist.

Unable to breathe, you pulled away, panting alongside Jay. You smiled.

"I love you too Jay. I just never told anyone cause I was so scared you didn't love me either."

He gave a lopsided grin while resting his forehead against yours.

"How could I not love you Y/N?"

The next thing you knew you were kissing again, his arms around your waist and your fingers in his hair. He pulled away.

"Now that that's out of the way, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked sweetly.

You giggled and nodded.

"Yes. I'll be your girlfriend."

Whooping and hollering made you both jump from your skin, you blushed when Kai and the others stepped into the kitchen.

"It's about time." He said. "I was getting tired of hearing Jay complain about being single."

********

Crappy but cute. Enjoy!