Book 1 ~ Chapter 28

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs POV

Korra was fast asleep on her bed in her room. She was tired after everything that had happened. Mako was sitting right by her side. He put his hand on hers, as she was asleep. He was glad that Korra was safe, but he worried now for Lei. Little did he know, that Asami was peeking through the door, and saw how he held Korra. Asami's heart broke at the sight, she tried her best to repeat over and over what Lei had told her.

"Whether your his girlfriend or his friend, you will always have a special place in his heart,"

Asami sighed and turned away from the door. A few hours later, Korra had woken up. Pema prepared lunch for everyone. Everyone was seated at the table, but Korra didn't touch her food once, she just stared at it and had a sad expression on her face. They knew why she was upset, it was because of Lei.

"Korra, you have to eat," Mako said softly.

"I can't, I can't eat knowing Lei is still with Amon," Korra said, as she kept her head down.

"She let you go, Korra, so that you would gain strength to fight Amon. And you can't do that, if you won't eat," Mako said.

After a few moments, Korra hesitantly took a dumpling, and took a bite from it. Mako sighed in relief.

"Once I get back to my usual self, I'm gonna find Amon, and get Lei back," Korra said.

"That's the spirit. We're glad your back home, Korra," Pema said, as she started cleaning up.

"I'll help you," Asami said, as she helped Pema carry the dishes.

"We realized you have been through a lot, but I need to know everything that happened," Tenzin said to Korra.

"Well, first off, Tarlock isn't who he says he is. He is Yakone's son," Korra said. Tenzin and Lin exchanged looks.

"That's how he was able to blood bend us without a full moon," Lin said.

"Where is Tarlock now? And why was Amon there?" Tenzin asked.

"Amon showed up out of nowhere, he probably captured Tarlock as well, and took his bending, and he probably took Lei's bending too, he almost got me too," Korra replied.

"This is very disturbing news, I'll have to inform Lord Zuko about Lei. Amon is becoming more bolder. Taking on a councilman, capturing the princess, and almost capturing the Avatar. I fear Amon is reaching his endgame," Tenzin said.

Meanwhile, Asami was helping Pema wash the dishes, while she wiped them. All of a sudden, Pema experienced pain on her stomach. She yelped in pain, and Asami immediately came to her aid.

"Are you alright?" Asami asked worriedly.

"Just the baby kicking, I'm fine, that's all," Pema smiled. Asami gave her a concerned look.

"Should I tell Tenzin?" Asami asked.

"There's no reason to worry him, it's nothing," Pema said.

Mako suddenly came in the kitchen, holding a kettle.

"Can I get some more hot water? Korra needs more tea," Mako asked. Asami glared at him.

"You're a firebender, boil it yourself," Asami snapped, as she continued wiping the dishes.

Mako had a confused expression, and he wondered what was wrong with Asami. Pema realized what was happening, and stopped washing.

"I'm gonna step out, just in case you two wanna talk," Pema said, as she quickly made her way out of the kitchen.

Asami continued wiping the dishes, without a care for Mako standing there. Mako didn't know how to talk to her at the moment.

"Is there something we need to talk about?" Mako asked. Asami put down the dishes she was wiping, and looked straight into Mako's eyes.

"I noticed how you act around Korra, and how you reacted when she went missing. You have feelings for Korra, don't you?" Asami asked, she had an annoyed tone.

"What? Korra was taken by a crazy blood bender, how do you expect me to act," Mako snapped.

"I like Korra, but you've been keeping the truth from me this whole time," Asami said.

"The truth? About what?" Mako asked confused.

"You're really gonna make me say it?" Asami said angrily.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Mako said. Asami rolled her eyes.

"The kiss, Mako, I know," Asami said pointedly. Mako widened his eyes.

"Well—I—uh—, Bolin told you, didn't he?" Mako stuttered.

"Don't blame your brother for what you did. Do you have feelings for Korra or not?" Asami asked.

"Look, things our crazy right now. Can we deal with our relationship problems later?" Mako said softly, as he put his hand on Asami's, but she brushed it off.

"There might not be a relationship to worry about later," Asami said, as she walked out of the kitchen.

"Asami," Mako called, but she was gone.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

I woke up, laying down on the cold floor, in a small room. There were no windows, just one door. The only light in the room was emitted at the frame of the door. I sat up and looked around, but there was nothing else in the room. My hands were chained to a long chain attached to a wall. I sighed, and thought about Korra and everyone else.

Korra would've made her way back to Air Temple Island by now, safely with the rest. They were all probably worried about me, but they should focus on the task at hand, and that was to bring Amon to justice. Knowing Tenzin, he would've informed Lord Zuko. I just hope he doesn't do anything drastic, like sending the whole Fire Nation Army for me.

Suddenly, the door opened, and there was a bright light. I use my hands to cover the light, and I saw Amon stepping into the room.

"Enjoying the accommodation?" Amon smirked.

"Loads. Everything I imagined it would be," I said sarcastically.

"We'll be leaving soon," Amon said. I raised an eyebrow.

"We?" I repeated confused.

"You are my hostage after all, I need you for something bigger," Amon said, as the door opened revealing two equalists.

"What do you mean you need me?" I asked curiously.

"I will equalize the world of benders, and that it includes your precious Fire Nation," Amon replied. I exhaled sharply.

"You'll never stand a chance against the Fire Nation," I said, Amon smirked.

The two equalists unchained me from the wall, but my hands were still chained together. They held me up to make me stand.

"Why do you think I'm keeping you in the first place?" Amon said. I glared at him as they took me out of the cell.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

PUBLISHED: May 16, 2019