Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"True love requires sacrifice."

Liam Parker

I took a deep breath and got out of the car. I slowly made my to the the hotel, the thoughts are all still jumbled in my head.

Before I knew it, I was already in the elevator on my way up to the penthouse. My mom wasn't in at the moment because she took Iris and the triplets shopping. I guess it was better not having her around for now.

The elevator opened and I already felt how quiet the whole floor was. Knowing my dad, he was probably at the kitchen or out the patio drinking coffee.

So I looked for him. I started at the kitchen and when I didn't find him, I went outside. Sure enough, he was there with a book on his hand and a cup of coffee by his side. He hasn't noticed me so I slowly made my way over.

"Dad?" I said softly. His head straightly raised and looked for me. When he found me, he smiled. A relieved kind of smile, a happy one. I wasn't too sure.

"Liam. Lovely of you to visit me, I was going to go have dinner with Iris and the others later tonight." he started, putting his book down and taking a sip from his cup of coffee.

Instinctively, I smiled. They had been visiting every month from Italy just to see their grandchildren. I didn't even expect them to do that.

I nodded at what he said, sat down beside him and looked in front of me. The view was spectacular, the whole city expanded in front of us and I was sure that the night view must've been better. I took a deep breath and turned to my dad. I was surprised when he was observing me sadly.

"Dad, I--" before I could even start, he interrupted me.

"I know, son. I understand. It's okay." I felt all my courage coming off and my head lowered in disappointment at myself. I felt it all my walls coming down at just those words from my dad.

I hadn't said anything, but I knew that he understood what I wanted to say.

Ever since I was young, I admired my dad. I was fascinated of him. He was strong, he could handle so much things, he wasn't weak... like me. I've always wanted him to be proud of me, that's why I worked so hard to get the company from him and... all other businesses, illegal ones counted. However now, compared to him, I was weak.

I couldn't handle much, I wasn't strong, I didn't make good decisions.

"I'm so sorry, dad." I tried to stop the tears. How weak I've become. He started patting my back comfortingly.

"There's nothing to be sorry of, Liam. You're making the right decision--"

"But dad, I've worked for this my whole life. I'm finally getting what I've always wanted. I'm finally getting full control of the organization. I can finally fix the problems of our family. But why isn't it enough?" I couldn't help but rant.

"Liam, listen to me. It's not your job to fix mine and your uncles' mistakes. Do you know why I left the organization?"

I looked at him. I never really did understand why he left the family business. I get that it was dangerous, but he was strong enough. When I didn't answer, he took that as an indication to continue.

"Because I couldn't stand seeing you nor your mother put in danger. I could not afford to lose you. You're far more important than money, businesses, lands or even power. I can't imagine my life without you two.

And I think that's why you're here too. You wanted to ask me if it's okay to give all control of the organization to your uncle. Son, ten years ago, if someone told me that you would've given everything up for your wife and your children, I would never have believed them.

I know how much you wanted to fix everything even if that mean you losing yourself. I've seen you drown yourself in work, I've seen you overstep your boundaries just to prove yourself worthy. In a way, it's my fault. I should've stopped you, but how could I when you were so adamant.

So Liam, now that you finally understand why I abandoned that life, it's all for you to make a decision. All I can tell you is that true love requires sacrifice."

I nodded. I understood completely what he was trying to say. I was just amazed at how he was able to help me when I haven't told him everything.

He truly was the best dad.

-

"E tu hai preso una decisione?" my uncle's deep dark voice asked on the other line. [And you've made a decision?]

"." [Yes.] I was certain that he was smiling by now.

"Obbediente. Mi piace." [Obedient. I like that.]

"In tre giorno, incontrami al porto. Alle 8PM." [Meet me in three days at the port. At 8PM.]

"Ci vediamo lì, Liam." [See you there, Liam.]

I hang up and stared at my phone for a few while.

True love takes sacrifice, huh.

--------

HELLO GUYS.

Yeeey, updated by Friday. About three chapters left for this story and I can't believe it's really almost ending! Who would've thought I could finish a story 😂

Anyways, I'll see you all next Friday!

much love,

-sky 💕