Chapter Forty Eight

M E A N I N G F U L
M I S T A K E S
Chapter Forty Eight

"Are you sure I can't come in with you?" Hunter asks again once he has turned off his car and pulled the keys from the ignition

I unbuckle my seatbelt so I can twist comfortably in my seat to face him. "You can sit in the waiting areas, without doing something to make the doctors angry."

"I never annoy them." He defends which forces a small laugh to come from me, remembering all the times he had gotten on doctor's nerves.

"You've attempted to attack Jake multiple times, you pulled that chunk of glass from my arm and the doctors said you weren't suppose to do that, you wouldn't leave after visiting hours, and apparently you tried to pick a fight with a doctor once so they would give me more pain meds."

"Okay, maybe you're right." He gives in, a grin settling on his face. "How long will it all take today?"

"I have four appointments." I tell him and pull out the card out with my appointment times written down on it. "One with Doctor Weston for a check up, one with my psychologist, one in the cardiologist, then a consultation to get the prescription for the pill."

"I like all of them besides the first three." Hunter's words at first confuse me, but then I remember the order of my appointments. He only likes that I'll be getting birth control- not the medical checks for my health that haunt me.

"Real mature." I sarcastically say and open the car door because I know the more we talk, the more I will use as an excuse to miss all the appointments. "I hope you enjoy sitting around in the hospital for hours."

I wait at the front of the Hunter's car when he slowly climbs out and locks it. "Lollipops, I sat in this hospital the whole time that you were here after the anxiety attack, when you and Jake had the accident, and they had you hooked up to all these machines because you're heart went into failure. Sitting in the hospital for you for hours does not bother me. I'm only bothered if something bad happens."

The air shifts at the heavy words and reminders. I take ahold of his hand and lace our fingers together. "Thank you." Already, I feel much better about walking into the Lacewood Hospital alone although it terrifies me.

"For what?" The corners of his lips gently tug up into a confused smile.

"For letting me wear your sweatshirt." I start to walk towards the crossing, pulling him along. Hunter glances down at my outfit, though it's visible that this was not what I was thanking him for.

"That's mine?" I'm surprised he hadn't already noticed that I stole it. It's a nice shade of blue, and it's my favorite colour. "I'm use to seeing you wear my clothes around the apartments, so I hadn't realised this was also mine. Since when did you borrow that one?"