Chapter 38

I sat near a lake. I was tired of running and then I found this lake and quenched my thirst. I was still in the pack territory. I appreciated the fact that Victor didn't show up and gave me my space.

What do you think of all this Sara? I asked my wolf.
I feel we lived a life of lie all along.
She sounded so sad but what she said was true.

I don't know what to do?
I think we should go with Victor, at least we can have our parents. I don't think they would harm us.

I smiled at my wolf's logic .
Whoever we have trusted till date has found some ways to hurt us.
I know Jordy but didn't you see Maria's eyes when she first saw you? It was filled with love. And say the saying goes, no love is stronger than a Mother's love. I don't think she can ever hurt you after what you have been through.

I gave a thought to what Sara was trying to say.
I think you are right. I don't think I have anything else to lose now. Let's give it a try.

I stood on my four when I heard the his voice in my head.

"It was about time you thought of returning." Victor stood behind a tree.

"You were here all the time."

"Yes love." He walked towards me in the human form.

"Why? I thought you knew I needed space."

"I know you did that's why I was watching you from a distance . I needed to see you were safe."

If I would be in my human form he would have seen me blushing for sure.

"Come on let's get back. Your mom is worried sick."

I nodded and we walked towards the house.

I went to my room and directly went to the washroom to clean myself. I changed back to my human form and bathed again.

I tried to mind link Victor. I found him near my bedroom door immediately.

"You ok?" He asked me.
"I am good."
"You wanted to see me?"
"I am ready."
As soon as those words left my mouth I saw the biggest smile on his face.
I think I just made him the happiest person in the world.
"What?! You are? If you still need time, I will totally understand."
I walked closer to him. I knew I was making a bold move with the king himself but I knew he wanted me.

"Mark me." I whispered in his ears.
And in seconds I found his mouth on mine. We were passionately kissing each other. I thought the butterflies I felt with Mark was the best thing ever but what I felt with Victor was completely different.

Our kiss was soon interrupted because the bedroom door came was slammed down.

"How could you Jordan?"
I saw a Mark panting at the door in pain. And that's when I realised, I had felt pain when Vanessa and Mark were having their fun. Of course he felt something similar because he looked too much in pain. Looking at him my heart ached because he was in pain because of me.

"I am sorry." That's all I could say.
"No you are not! You want to be the queen and that's why you are rejecting your true mate. You women are gold diggers!" He slashed out at me and this made me angry as hell.
I turned towards Victor and said.
"Get him out of his miseries."
"With pleasure." He smiled. He immediately caught hold of my neck and bit me.
I heard a loud moan of pain near my ears which I think was Mark's but I was covered with pleasure soon to realise what was happening.