~Chapter 5: Hide & Seek~

I ran into the forest and then up a tree. I didn't move a muscle as other people ran below me looking for a hiding spot.

Flashback:
"Alright (m/n), we need to see your skills." Slendy said looking down at you. You smiled as you had the perfect idea. "Let's play hide and seek! That's a fun way to see my skills!" You said in thoughts. Slendy chuckled and agreed. Eventually everyone agreed as well, even if they didn't want to play. "Who do you want to be it?" Slendy asked you. You thought for a moment, then pointed to Ben. He began counting to 50. Everyone dashed in different directions.

End of flashback.

(A/N reminder if you forgot you're extremely flexible.)

You sat in the tree and smiled as you heard Ben yell "Ready or not here I come!" You heard footsteps and climbed higher into the tree. Not moving a muscle. The footsteps passed you and you hopped from your tree to another as quietly as possible. You climbed into the thicker tree. Hearing footsteps you look down. Sally was walking around. You debate if you should hide with her or not. That is until she mumbled "I can't believe I got caught. I want another round."

"He's already finding people huh? If Sally got caught someone else did too. Someone always hides with Sally." I think. I look around trying to see anyone else. I hear footsteps again and freeze. It was Ben. He was walking as he looked around. I looked away as I knew if I stared he'd get that 'someone's watching you' feeling. I looked back around as I didn't hear the footsteps any longer. Then I looked down. Ben was climbing the tree. I started to jump onto different trees. Ben chased after me. I grabbed a branch, swung around, and jumped down when he was right behind me and ran. He tripped from my sudden action and fell. I ran as fast as I could and hid in a bush.

I lightly panted as I sat still in the bush. "Oh (m/n)~ Where did you go~?" I heard Ben hum. I closed my mouth preventing the panting. I slightly held my breath, only breathing a few times. I heard him scoff as he walked away.

I smiled at my victory. Then I heard ruffling again. Jeff was sneaking through the trees in front of me until he spotted me. He stared at me and I put a finger over my lips. He slightly nodded. I smiled as he gave a slight smile back. I then turned around and looked around the area. Ben wasn't in sight. I smiled widely. I remained looking out the bush while occasionally looking at Jeff who was now beside me. "Heh. I can't believe you convinced everyone to play this game," he started smiling at me. "You really are the second baby of this place." He ruffled my hair. I gave a toothy eye-closed smile.

"Ha! Found you two!" A voice suddenly yelled. I jerked my head into the direction. It was Ben. All of the sudden I was picked up. My feet were off the ground and my hands held onto Jeff's arm as he suddenly carried me. Ben was behind us smiling widely as he chased us. We ran through the woods. These two were really fast. "Damn elf twink!" Jeff yelled in annoyance. He began to run faster. I looked up at Jeff who was clenching his teeth. I lightly tap on his chest. He looks over at me. I point down to the ground. "Eh? You wanna be put down?" He asked and I nodded. "You'll only get caught." He argued. I shake my head. I didn't know how to tell him what I wanted.

"Just be quiet and let me carry you. Don't be stubborn." He said. I sighed and nodded. Ben was still chasing us. I playfully stick my tongue out at Ben. We ran faster. I tell Jeff that we could split up. He finally agrees and sets me down as he runs. We turn directions at the same time. Ben tries to choose who to get and goes after me. I run up a tree before running to other ones as well. Ben still on my tail.

3rd person POV

Jack saw you being chased so he decided to get Ben off of you. Sure it was risky, but he didn't care. It's just a game after all. He got out of his hiding spot and ran past you two. Ben immediately changed directions. You panted, out of breath. You felt bad for Jack. You didn't want him to get caught. You and Sally were the only ones who took this game seriously. Everyone else thought of it as a measly game, but they never told you that. So they went along with it.