VOLUME ONE (retirement)

peace:
freedom from disturbance; tranquility

                         JOHN WICK doesn't get as much time to himself as he wishes, though it's not like it's unexpected with his job

                         JOHN WICK doesn't get as much time to himself as he wishes, though it's not like it's unexpected with his job. It's mid to late afternoon and all he wants is to get out of this atrociously boring meeting to go and rest his bruised body. The month is May and that means spring is in full force, one of his favorite times of the year as the flowers and trees bloom; and the sun finally brings them from the depths of winter. But as of now he is in a room with Viggo Tarasov and he can't afford to lose focus; even though he has already seemed to. The men who work alongside him or above him (but they all fear him regardless), noticed his dark wandering eyes. It's rare for his attentive behavior to run out, but they just blame it on the fact he just finished a hard job and would never bring themselves to say what they thought.

   He has to force himself to sit through the rest of the meeting as there's a level of professionalism he is known for. Even though the people within his world are always in awe of his dark and mysterious behavior, John seems to be the one who truly holds himself to higher standards.

   John's an extremely reasonable person when it didn't come to his job (he likes to think). His decisions, work related however; can be brash, outcomes somewhat weighed, violent, and it makes him the definition of intimidating. His traits are respectable and strong, and he's known as the Baba Yaga- a nightmare and terror to anyone who dare cross his path. This is his life and he very well knew it, and the thought of getting out never crosses his mind.

   After a few more moments he decides to get up and stretch his legs. He glides over to the large windows that overlooks the view of Central Park. The sun glows on his face and he feels warm.

   "Mr. Wick,"

   A stern voice with a clear Russian accent tears his attention away, "Hmm." John raises an eyebrow at Viggo as he straightens his tie with dark eyes, which makes the powerful boss take a nervous step back.

   "I have a job for the two of you." he motions over to John's friend Marcus.

   "And that is?" Marcus asks,

   "I need a man dead."

   "Well what a surprise,"

   Viggo sighs in annoyance while Avi just shakes his head, "Tonight. The Philharmonic will be playing at the Lincoln Center, as usual. A very affluent man- someone who I.. have taken quite a dislike to will be there. So, I'm sure you fine men can fill in the rest."

   John stares out the window listening while watching the traffic below. Thousands of people minding their own business and going on their normal day- none with the inkling of what's truly out there. He seems lost in a different world but he can hear Viggo loud and clear,