thirteen

•••

•••

It was the day after the wedding and Ellie and Natasha were staying at Jacks house. It was around 9pm and Ellie and Natasha were leaving the next morning. They were sat in Jack and Melissa's living room, with Alison, Ellie's grandparents and her mother's sister and her cousins.

Ellie was sat on sofa chatting to her cousin Sam, who was telling her about his new job. Ellie looked over at Natasha as her phone began ringing, her looking at who was ringing before answering the call.

"El, it's for you." She told her friend passing her the phone from where she was sat on the floor, Ellie grabbing it before sinking back into her seat and putting it to her ear.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Ellie, it's Steve." The voice replied.

"Hey, is everything alright, are you all ok?" She asked him.

"It's Bucky."

"What? What's happened? Is he ok?" She asked quickly, Natasha looking worriedly at her.

"We don't know, he went to bed early but then he just woke up and he's shouting and crying." Steve explained quietly.

"Where is he now?" Ellie questioned him feeling everyone's eyes on her.

"What's happened?" Natasha asked her.

"Don't know yet, just that he's freaked out." She replied.

"He's in the kitchen, he came out looking for you I think, but I don't think he remembered you weren't here." Steve told her as Ellie heard shouting.

"Steve you need to go to him carefully and give him the phone, he can be dangerous when he's upset." She informed him.

"Give me a minute." He replied.

"What's going on?" Jack asked.

"Still don't really know." She told them impatiently.

"James?" Natasha questioned.

"Yeah." Ellie said tapping her finger on her nervously.

"Who's James?" Sam asked.

"Her boyfriend." Jack answered.

"Ellie?" Steve's voice called.

"Yeah, I'm still here." She said.

"Bucky it's Ellie." She heard Steve tell him.

"El?" Bucky's broken voice asked down the phone.

"Yeah, yeah I'm here." She reassured him softly.

"I-I, I remember it, it's all coming back to me." He stuttered.

Ellie sighed, "Everything?" She asked.