56

~56~

Clara and Steve decided to stay in Clara's room that night, feeling it would be practical to stay than drive home and back the next day. They laid in bed, listening to each other breath over the faint sound of rain outside. "Do you think it's possible?" Steve asked quietly. His arm was wrapped around Clara's shoulders as she rested her head over his chest. "Bringing everyone back?"

"It feels like a dream," Clara replied just as quietly. "Five years with no hope and suddenly we're given this?" Clara shifted slightly and readjusted herself. "It sounds almost too good to be true."

The next day, the four decided to pay Tony a little visit. As Steve drove, Clara and Natasha explained to Scott a few things that he had missed. They explained into a further depth who Thanos was and why he did what he did. They watched his eyes light up as they began telling him everything, looking like he was taking in every bit of information.

After an hour or so they pulled up to a wooden cabin as Tony carried his young daughter back to into the house. Clara was quick to notice Tony's change in mood as he saw their car pull up. Clara got out and closed her door, meeting Tony's gaze. "What're you doing here?" Tony asked.

"What? I can't pay my big brother a visit?" Clara asked. Tony looked his sister up and down, staying silent as he saw the others approach. "We haven't seen each other in what...four months? Are you really this upset to see me?"

Tony sighed as he readjusted Morgan in his arms. "You know that's not what I meant." He let Morgan go and she ran into the house.

"If it's all the same to you, I tried to keep you out of this." As soon as she finished, the others joined them on the porch. She stood beside Steve as the others greeted their old friend. The rustling of blinds made Clara look over to the window to see Morgan watching them. To make the little girl laugh, Clara made a funny face, one that quickly went away as the business started.

"How're you doing Tony?" Steve asked, trying to ease into presenting their idea.

"Cut the shit Rogers," Tony snapped at him, making Clara send him a stern glare. "There's only one reason why all of you would come here at once. So let's hear it. What's the master plan to undo everything." Tony tapped his hand on the outdoor table in his sarcastic amusement. The four looked around at each other, knowing how stupid they were about to sound. As they explained their master plan, Tony looked to his sister to make sure they were being serious.

"Now, we know what it sounds like..." Scott defended as Tony gave him a stupid look.

Steve leaned on the table to look his brother-in-law in the eye. "Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" he asked.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck scale, which then triggers the Deutsch proposition." Tony explained. He looked at his sister for her to agree. "You know that, don't you?"

"Yes, but..." Clara started.

"Thank you," he cut his sister off. "In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home." Tony said to everyone else.

"I did," Scott shrugged with a smirk.

"No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off a..." Tony scrunched his nose as he looked at them in confusion. "What do you call it?"

Scott looked embarrassed as he uttered the name of their plan. "A time heist."

Tony looked at his sister, a look of pure disbelief. "Yeah, a time heist. Of course, why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream?"