Chapter 38

Liana

The most awkward thing ever is your family and friends all wearing bath robe and waiting for their clothes to dry in the dryer. Oliver have everything planned from snacks to dinner and I had no idea about that. During our dinner in the large table which surprisingly fit all of us, we shared stories, conversations and jokes about random things. It felt so surreal, but at the same time felt nice seeing this.

Mia shared the details of our friendly small trip that we were planning and the adults seem pretty much interested and shared some places we should visit. Lucas was the only older cousin who had no idea about the plan and I felt bad that he will be left out, so I invited him and he declined politely saying he is busy with school and he so wish that he could have joined us.

Oliver took hold of my one hand as he discuss with everyone about his business and what he do, he have the confidence of the CEO and most importantly he is very convincing with his words. Desserts was fancy, there was a chocolate fountain and all sort of desserts laid down. I was exhausted and I tried to hold conversation, but failed miserably and yawned. Oliver whispered to me, "You should go to bed, everyone will understand."

I denied, but he stood up and announced that he will put me to bed and come back.

"Li, you got the best boyfriend ever." Stacy teased, surprising me with her words. I thought she still was annoyed with Oliver.

Oliver just smiled as he took my hand, I apologized to everyone and said I will meet them tomorrow. Dylan and Emilia said that they will clear my schedule for sometime as my family is over and I give them an appreciated look and thank them. Instead of taking to the room that Oliver took me, he took me to the door across from the other room.

"You can sleep in my bed." He said as he opened the room, his room was black and white, furnitures the same colour, behind the king size bed hung a huge photo of us, lights surrounded the bed. The room smelled mint just like how he always smell like. There was shelves with books and few meaningful things like our pictures and even my favourite comics and arts was in the shelves.

He tucked me to his bed, which smells of him and I know he slept here, maybe yesterday after coming from the airport. He turned on the other side lamp and said, "Goodnight, baby." As he tucked my loose hair at the back of my ear and kissed my forehead and my lip. "I will join you later. sweet dream, beautiful."

I smiled in appreciation. "sweet dreams." I said and soon I drift off to dreamland. In the middle of the night I felt the bed dip and an arm pulled me closer and I sigh and moved closer voluntarily. The person smelled of mint and wine and I heard a chuckled before I felt a kiss on my forehead and I drift off to dreamland again.

The next morning, I woke up in Oliver's arm, he was still sleeping and I figured he had a long night compared to mine. He did a lot of things for me and I really appreciated it, I have no idea about his family life and I am curious to know what will happen if we go for lunch with his parents, all I know is that the relationship is definitely unstable between him and his parents. I wonder what was wrong as I stared at Oliver. He looked peaceful and relax, I know Oliver can be a light sleeper and he definitely will feel it and wake up. I didn't have to wait longer as Oliver stirred in his sleep and his eyes opened slowly. He looked handsome like always.

"Morning." He said his voice husky. He nuzzled to my neck and give me kisses over there.

"You are romantic now." I joke.

I felt him smile before he continue to kiss me on my necks. "Okay, big boy. Let's get ready."

He whined and complained. "It will be another tiring day and we won't be alone until evening."

"What are we doing this evening?"

He pulled away and looked me straight in the eye and grinned.

"Surprise!" As he suddenly sat up along with me. "I am going to take a shower now."

"You are now hurrying." I pointed out.

He kissed my forehead and my lips before waving and walking towards the washroom "I have something to add up for us this evening."

I laughed. "Let's not make it so fancy."

"Fancy?" He said, "I think you deserve more than just fancy!"

I rolled my eyes and he winked at me. "I love you, baby."

"I love you too." I blew him a kiss in the air and he caught it dramatically and placed it on his heart.

I laughed at his cheesiness and he grinned and give me two thumbs up before disappearing in the shower. I walked back to my room, the house was pretty much silent, but I can hear some talking downstairs and wonder who is here in the house with us. I won't be surprise if there was a sleepover, considering that there are way too many empty rooms. I took a shower and brushed my teeth and wore a light blue shirt with black shorts. When I walked out from the closet, Oliver was sitting on my bed.

"We can do this everyday." He said when I walked out. "Except that you and I will share a room."

"That sounds lovely, but I will think about it."

"Can I move some of your stuffs to my room? Can we share a room?"

I laughed. "You are eager."

"I always thought about what it will feel like to wake up and find each other in the morning. I think it will be beautiful, the reason why I made this space for you." He looked around the room. "is that I want you to be comfortable at this home with your own space, but slowly come towards mine." As he pulled me to his arms.

"You want me to enter your space?" I asked.

"No space between us is my goal."

"That's sound so unhealthy."

"What is so healthy then? The more space we create, the more distance we become."

"You are a smooth and a very convincing talker." I said putting my hand on his face and standing on my tip toe to kiss his lip.

He laughed and I smiled back.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading, Voting and sharing with other readers. Your support means a lot to us. There will be a bonus Update at the end of the day because we reached 3K reads for this book!! Thank you everyone once again! Look out for the bonus chapter 🎉