Part One

Note: Also a Twitter AU, you can find it here ^^ https://twitter.com/ladyhobi7/status/1121134083420168192

My first JungHope fic!! I love these babies so much, please enjoy <3

_______

Hoseok woke up to the usual sound of birds chirping outside along with the gentle breeze and droplets of sunlight trickling in through the window. As if on cue, a knock traveled through the door.

"Come in." Hoseok spoke through a yawn, stretching as his dashing knight with dark silk like hair, all sharp jaws and soft eyes came stepping in. His usual bright smile in tow.

"Your highness." Jungkook's eyes shone with a question.

One the Hoseok was quick to pick up on, moving to a sitting position. "Taehyung slept with Jimin tonight, we're alone."

The other boy's smile seemed to brighten at that. "I see, princess."

Hoseok couldn't stop the bubbling giggle from spilling past his lips, even if he wanted to. Jungkook moved with familiarity towards Hoseok's bed, raising a hand to run through the elders hair as he sat down. Hoseok immediately sighed at the touch, going limp, letting his head fall to Jungkook's shoulder.

"You should have prince Taehyung over less, princess."

"And why is that?" Hoseok asked with a smile, all too well knowing the truth left unsaid between the two of them. But Jungkook knew. He always did. Always would, Hoseok thinks.

Jungkook's head rested atop Hoseok's, a leisurely position they'd find themselves in more times than not. "He's a prince as well...a man, and you're..."

"Am I not a man as well?" Hoseok teased. Playfully.

"That is not what I am saying. You are, of course you are. But hyung, you're a- you're a princess. A princess of age now."

"Does that not make the previous claim any different? I am afraid I see no clarity in your statements, sir Jeon."

"You're playing with me." flatly, Jungkook spoke.

Which only left Hoseok to bask in his own fit of giggles. "Only because you're too cute for me to refrain in any such way, my knight." Hoseok spoke, moving away slightly to catch Jungkook's gaze, noses almost touching as the elder teased. "Is there any other reason you wish me not to sleep by Taehyung's side?"

Time froze, if only for a moment, before Jungkook turned his gaze quickly away. "Uh- no. No it is just that, princess. Just that."

Hoseok deflated minimally, for a fraction of a second, a fleeting moment where he truly thought that they would finally speak the hidden truth between the two of them. But of course, of course Jungkook wouldn't confess in such a way. It would be too easy.

To make up for his actions, in a bold sense of confidence, Hoseok leaned towards Jungkook's turned cheek, a press of soft lips against the youngers blooming rose colored cheeks.

The elder smiled as he pulled away, Jungkook whipping his gaze back to catch the stars in Hoseok's eyes. "Did- your highness did you just-"

Hoseok nodded, confident. "I did just kiss you, if that is your question. What? Are you surprised that I kissed you? Haven't I always kissed you my knight? Even since we were little?"

Jungkook huffed, looking away again but quickly interlacing their hands. "That's when we were little princess. You do not understand the weight of what your kisses hold as an adult. I am your knight, nowhere close to your standing as a royal. What if a noble takes notice and-"