Chapter 7

Dedicated to lisannemeijs for the amazing cover! 

Thank you so much for every comment, read, vote and just thank you! 

  ~You've got a heart at loud as lions so why let your voice be tamed?

        ~You've got the light to fight the shadows so stop hiding it away.

Chapter 7

"Rose!"

I could hear my sisters voice, it was so distant yet there she was in front of me.

"R-Rose.. Is that b-blood?" I attempt to calm down by taking deep breaths.

"I-I-I d-don't k-k-know-"

"Calm down," my sister demanded.

She grabbed my upper arm and shoved me towards the bed.

"Sit, breathe, calm down."

I wanted to yell at her for telling me to calm down. I hate when people tell me to calm if, or chill, however at this time I knew soph was saying it for my gain.

"Okay. Okay. I'm calm."

"Alright, now mind telling me what this is?"

Her arm stretched out, the letter in her hand.

"Dear my beloved Rose, I'm watching you. Who is this creep?"

I grabbed the letter from her hand and crumpled it.

"N-Nothing. Don't worry about it." She didn't believe me, and I don't blame her.

I was shivering yet I wasn't cold. I couldn't even say a sentence with out stuttering.

"It's one in the morning, Rose. It's not nothing. What's going on with you? You're never home, you're skipping school, and now this?"

The room filled with silence. If I told Soph everything, would she believe me? I mean, my own mother laughed in my face.

Ignoring her question, I ask, "Where's mom?"

"She's at work. She's working late these past two weeks."

"Why?"

"Hey! Don't try to change the subject. Tell me everything. I'm you're sister, you can trust me."

"It's just stupid, soph. You won't understand."

"Try me," she challenged.

"Go to bed Sophia."

"Are you honestly telling me that you can sleep after what just happened? Just tell me one thing, was your window open or close last night?"

"Closed. Or open. I don't know, okay! It's late, I want to sleep."

"Alright then, if you can honestly sleep on your bed after someone sneaked in and smothered their blood everywhere then go ahead."

Sighing, I reply. "Blood isn't smothered everywhere."

"I can see right through your act, Rosalyn," Her attempt at using my long name to sound more mature, failed.

I ignore her and instead start ruffling through my bed sheets. 

"I know you try to hide your fear, your pain, and your worry. But do you really think you can fool me? I've spent my whole life with you, not that I had a choice, and I think I picked up a little about you through out the years." Soph finished her rant then sat down beside me on my bed.