Sixteen

Tokki slept against her door that night, dried tear tracks staining his skin and his heart aching. He had simply given up after the third hour of pleading to be let in. His body had ached and his mind felt full with thoughts, with worries and he had just fell asleep right there without even meaning to.

Ha-Na awoke the next morning, she couldn't smell cooking which baffled her slightly as her host was usually up and cooking a five star meal by now.

She felt like trash, she knew she was dehydrated, had a gigantic headache and knew that was from her breakdown only a couple of hours ago. She swung her heavy legs over the side of the bed and she trudged to the bedroom door. She didn't want a run-in with the man, but she knew that she would have to see him again and she'd prefer sooner rather than later as that would relieve the anxiety a little.

She opened the door and took a sharp breath when a dead thump echoed through her sensitive ears. Her eyes widened as she stepped back. The Tokki laid at her feet looking just as worn out as she presumed she looked.

She froze for a short while, not knowing exactly what to do. She didn't want anything to do with him, now that she had realised who he was to her. But her gentle heart couldn't leave him on the floor sprawled out like a sack of potatoes. She nudged him with her foot hard enough that it should've woken him up, but gentle enough so he wouldn't get hurt. She got no response.

Ha-Na sighed and bent down, hooking her arms under his and she dragged him into her room and somehow lifted the man who was a solid few inches taller than her and was deadweight onto her bed. He grumbled something and rolled over. She pulled the blankets over him before leaving the room. She needed a drink of water and some sort of pain relief, her head throbbed and now her muscles ached at dragging the male and lifting him.

She swallowed the painkillers with a gulp of water and she caught her reflection in a mirror and she sighed softly. The bags under her eyes had practically popped out, her face was red and splotchy and-

Her stomach growled and she was suddenly aware at the lack of food she had provided herself with in the past twenty four hours. She looked about the kitchen and found basic ingredients for pancakes. She wasn't a good cook, but she made edible food. She got to work on making breakfast and decided that she should make some for the male currently occupying her bed.

She hummed gently, having drank four glasses of water between leaving her room and playing up her dish.

"Why was I in your bed?" A voice startled her and she turned around with a plate in her hands.

"You were asleep on the floor and looked uncomfortable." She whispered softly and he nodded.

"Did you make any for me? I'm hungry." He spoke near as soft as she did. She nodded and held out the plate to him. He took it from her with a smile, his fingers brushing against hers and he noticed the light dusting of pink which occupied her cheeks. He grinned softly and went to the dining room, Ha-Na plated her own food and took a deep breath.

The hole she was in, was too deep to escape now, and it was only being dug deeper by the current predicament and her nightmares that plagued her. She sighed and followed him.

If there was no escape, she should try to embrace it.