Twenty-Six

Why does it feel like there's an invisible magnet between you and Jungkook that you always end up coming back to him?

No matter how hard you try to avoid him, no matter how hard you try to say no, you'd still end up going back to him, stumbling and tripping. No matter how much you push him away, he'd still end up to you too.

And you know this is probably the dumbest thing you'll ever do but he needs you right now. And that is the only thing in your mind. He needs you.

There must be a reason why he ended up being like this and coming back to you. There must be a reason why he called you and not his other friends.

"I'm going home now. Call me when I get home, okay?" You breathing starts to get heavy as you put your decision out in the open.

You heard him shudder before he hummed. You immediately ended the call and looked at Taehyung who stopped eating a cupcake. You looked at him apologetically and he put down his cupcake and sighed.

"You need to go home?" He asked.

"I'm sorry." You look down as you see the sad look in his eyes, disappointed even.

"It's okay. Let's go." He smiled a bit, just stretching to the sides and not that boxy smile.

He immediately stood up and you followed him. The ride was silent, he didn't say anything all through out, even when you were in front of your house. Half of it was calming, you had time to think about what is happening and what you should do, but the other half made you feel miserable because you stole the moment from Taehyung which he so much enjoyed earlier.

You were pinching your finger when you looked at him, he was waiting for you to go inside. "I'm really sorry, Kim Taehyung." You pout.

He broke into his boxy smile then you froze when he pat your head softly, "It's okay, its no big deal. And it seems like an emergency."

"Kinda."

He nodded, "You should go in. Oh, and Y/n, don't think about it too much." He smiled before turning away.

You went straight to your room and texted Jeon Jungkook.

'Im home.'

After seconds, your phone rings and you see his name on the screen. You immediately accept it and waited for him to speak.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you but I feel like you're the only one who could understand me." He croaked, he feels so weak by his voice.

"It's okay." You said, almost a whisper.

Silence stretch between you, trying to feel each other through silence and breaths. You waiting for him to speak and him trying to search for the words in his head that he can't seem to put together. It was weird, Jungkook always had a way of speaking his thoughts, but right now, it feels like talking is foreign to him.

Or is it just the way he feels whenever he talks to you now? Because of everything that happened. Because of everything you told him in the past. Sometimes he feels like you're so distant but you'll smile at him and his thoughts will retreat.

In the end, you're still the one who reached out saying, "What are you thinking about?"

"My worth." He speaks. "Am I not worth taking the risk?" He continued.

And it almost break your heart seeing this boy like this. What did really happen that he has to question himself like this? How can someone hurt the boy that you love? How can she hurt him when all you wanted for him was to be happy and to be loved? How can she hurt someone you let go even though it pained you?