Paul McCartney & John Lennon - The Interview

The chance to interview The Beatles for your paper was a once in a life time opportunity. Here you were, fixing notes, ready to talk to the biggest band in the world. This was going to be an interview that would be seen for years.

"(Y/N), they're ready when you are!"

You took a deep breath as walked into a room buzzing with people, and sat in the centre were the four man band.

"Hello

"Hello."

"Hello." They answered as one, which was a bit strange but brought a smile to your face anyway.

Each of them studied you differently. The two dominant personalities seemed to watch your eyes. You were dressed well, prepared and felt like a serious journalist, but this was still somewhat daunting.

"Could we just get a quick double on your names, so there's no confusion in the printing with who's who?" You asked.

"Yeah; This is George Parasol, Ringo Stone and Paul McCharmley." John announced. The boys grinned but were clearly used to these sorts of jokes from their fearless leader.

They were all similar looking due to their haircuts, which seem to group them as one. And whoever's idea it was to put them all in matching suits, well you've got a few questions for them. You were sure they'd have rather different personalities, but that much wasn't clear yet.

"And that's John Lemon." Paul added on.

"Brilliant," You laughed "I'm sure you know how these things go. Let's just get into it."

"What's your name, love?" Someone asked, you were looking through your notes at the time, so didn't catch who.

"Hm? Oh, I'm (Y/N)" You answered politely, to all of them.

The one that wore rings, so Ringo probably, nodded and grinned in a silent greeting. The one with the eyebrows gave you something of a tight lipped smile and then looked away. The other two didn't give anything away.

"Pretty." It soon became apparent it was John who had asked.

You smiled and looked down at your notes, trying to pick which order to ask the questions in. What would flow better, what would make more sense journalistically, and what would inspire the longest answer - all things you had to consider before speaking. Of course, you could just read the questions off the list but the answers would be a lot more bland.

"So, Rubber Soul is your sixth studio album. It's very different from your other music, why do you think that is?"

"Yeah different inspiration, I suppose" Paul responded. "Different... motivation."

The boys all elbowed at each other and laughed, elbowing eachother like naughty children. This was probably common, given that they had grown up together really. They'd met as young men, in the prime of their development. And now they were going through a life-changing experience together.