3| First Life: Where did things go wrong?

"Let go of me. Don't ever see me again. I will never love you," Titus coldly said to me. His glare pierced through my heart like an arrow that was aimed to kill. "No, I didn't mean to. It wasn't me. I swear. Please I'm sorry." I tried holding on to his arms. He flung me away and I crashed on the floor where pain assaulted my head and the world turn dark.

"I can't marry you. I'm engaged with Tan Xia Lin. Don't find me again," said Titus. Tan Xia Lin was a gold digger. She used to put on an innocent face to get whatever she wanted. She acted weak and fragile. I was used by her and she framed me for a crime I did not do. Even my brother did not believe me when I wanted justice. While she frolicked around in her new dress and shoes, getting all the love from Titus and the people around her, I was treated like trash and misunderstood by my loved ones.

"Even though, you're from the well-known Lee family, you're still trash. No one likes you. Looks like fame and money can't buy you love," Xia Lin sniggered silently.  "You-"
"What's going on?" Titus asked when he passed by  my encounter with Xia Lin. "Are you bothering Xia Lin again? I'll call security! So leave us now."
I HATE TAN XIA LIN. I HATE HER. I HATE HER. I wish she'd die.

Although at that time I could only grit my teeth and turn my back, I sweared in my second life I will never experience this humiliation again. I would rather die than begged for a love that will never be reciprocate. 

When I was hospitalised for fainting and discovered I had brain tumour, no one came to visit me. My mother begged my father to let her visit me, but my father had abandoned me, saying I was a disgrace to the family. I had not studied in a famous university, and I did not have a stable job. I worked part time as a low-class model. I wasn't the perfect daughter for him. I wasn't married and I have no boyfriend. I was dying.

I tried calling Titus, but of course he blocked me. I asked my brother to send him my letters, but it was torn to shreds. "Don't be so clingy." "Don't bother him." "He doesn't like you." "He has Tan Xia Lin."
"Why do you always say Xia Lin is a gold digger."
I really tried. Tried to tell the truth about Xia Lin. Tried to win Titus' affectionate. Tried to be a perfect daughter. Tried to be a good sister. I really did try, but why is the gods looking down at me.

When I still had a little strength in me to wake up on my last days, I heard the Lou Family's daughter-in-law, Felicia Lou, a famous fashion designer in Milan, gave Xia Lin hell. She exposed that Xia Lin was cheating with Nan Zhi Shang, the CEO of Multimedia Corporate and that she was a gold digger. A two-faced. The world went wild. Everyone was lied to. No one knew how wicked and fickle Xia Lin was. Titus broke off the engagement with Xia Lin. Felicia Lou even brought justice to me and everyone else who was involved in Xia Lin's schemes. This was all brought about when Xia Lin copyrighted Felicia's clothing design and thought she was above everyone. Felicia took revenge and decided to exposed Xia Lin's true nature.

How I wished I was as headstrong and independent as Felicia. If I wasn't as weak as I was, I wouldn't be in this state. What was wrong with a woman who wanted to pursue the love of her life by sacrificing everything. Was it wrong? Probably. I learned from my mistakes and I won't trust love to bring my happiness. I'll build my own castle and find peace there instead. What use is a Prince Charming that couldn't protect you from the evil witch. What use is a knight in shining armour who could not protect you from your worst nightmare.

Ah, would everyone finally realised that I was wrongly accused? They pointed fingers at me and turned their backs on me. They believed the rumours and the misunderstanding. While I begged for forgiveness for things I did not do, they laughed at me and threw insults at me. Would they feel embarrassed? What a shitty life I lead. No one would remember me as I was.

I took my last breath and hope I can turn back time. It doesn't matter even if I have to die again. All I wanted was to prove myself that I was strong. To learn to love myself before loving others. To strengthen my heart instead of it breaking into pieces.

Beep. Beep. Bbeepppp.
Patient Ambar Lee has passed away at 2.17 pm on 25th of September 2018.

This was the end of my first life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New casts in story (Supporting roles):
1. The antagonist/gold digger: Tan Xia Lin
2. Daughter-in-law of Lou family/ Fashion designer: Felicia Lou
3. CEO of Multimedia Corporate/ Xia Lin's boyfriend: Nan Zhi Shang