2; uncle rhodey has a ring to it

"It was a big big world, but we thought we were bigger
Pushing each other to the limits, we were learning quicker."

         SUNLIGHT SHONE THROUGH THE CURTAINS, eliciting a groan from Tony

SUNLIGHT SHONE THROUGH THE CURTAINS, eliciting a groan from Tony. He woke up slowly, groggy thoughts filling his head. He looked around, confused. "J, baby, light of my life.. what time is it?" He asked, sitting up slowly. His head felt like he'd gone on a bender. Had he eaten yesterday? Or drank anything besides coffee? That was doubtful.

"6:30 AM sir," JARVIS said and Tony groaned. He pulled himself up, removed his clothes and dragged himself to the shower. He let the water hit him, hoping it would wake him up, or at least knock some sense into him. His eyes kept drifting open and shut. All he could think about was Célina in his office and her very pregnant belly. He shook his head, trying to concentrate on something, anything else.

When he finally exited the shower and put on a suit, he realized it was already 7:15. 45 minutes in the shower, Tony thought. Must be a fucking record. He made his way to the kitchen and began brewing his coffee. The sound of the beans grinding relaxed him a tiny bit. When it was done, Tony chugged the first cup, not even caring how hot it was. He filled a second cup and drank it slower this time, his head still full of thoughts.

Could he be a father?

Would he not screw up within the first day and scar the kid for life? Tony picked up his phone, waiting anxiously to see any calls or texts. Nothing from Pepper. That meant the results weren't in yet. Tony sighed before grabbing his keys. He sent a text to Happy saying he would meet him at the office and then got into his favorite car. He stepped on the gas and sped down the street, towards the freeway. Along the way, he passed a children playing sign and his heart hurt.

Finally, he reached Stark Industries. A few people stared at him as he entered. Tony Stark was notoriously late every day and today he was..early? He ignored their glances and entered his office.

He didn't even know how he passed the time until Pepper showed up. He was reading articles or writing formulas or plotting a new idea, but somehow the clock ticked by. The door opened and Pepper walked in.

"Any of those for me?" He asked. She handed him the top folder. "What am I going to find in here?"

"See for yourself," Pepper said simply, keeping her voice as even as possible. He opened it, his heart pounding like crazy. He still didn't know what to do. Could he handle this kind of responsibility?

And then his eyes saw it.

DNA Match: 99.9%

Tony's heart was pounding so loud now he was sure anyone could hear it. He stared at the paper, eyes wide, his throat going dry.