Save Me A Dance

"What the hell did you do?" I asked angrily as I walked into the library to see Damon, Alaric and Andie Star, a news woman that was friends with Jenna.

"Mariana—" Alaric started as he turned to me but I walked over to Damon and slapped him.

"Hey!" Andie started and I turned to look at her.

"You have no input here." I snapped and quickly turned back to Damon. "You're trying to kill Elijah for your own personal vendetta, Damon—" I started but he cut me off as he pushed me back toward the wall angrily.

"Elijah was never going to save you from the sacrifice, Mariana. He was going to use your blood and kill you." Damon stated down at me, holding me to the wall by my shoulders.

"You don't think I knew that? He told me he would protect the people I love, Damon. Now the deal is off because you couldn't respect my choice!" I yelled angrily at him, pushing him off of me, making him narrow his eyes. My phone started ringing from my pocket and I grabbed it, turning away from him. "Elena?" I asked, answering it.

"Elijah's here. He's at the Lake House with Stefan and I.. He—he will kill us, Mariana. You need to come. NOW." Elena stated in a rushed voice from the phone and I took a deep breath before turning back to Damon.

"You better pray to god that he doesn't touch her, Damon." I whispered angrily before he slowly nodded in agreement.

"Just go. I'll see you there." He reassured after me, him and Alaric nodding in agreement as I walked out of the room.
~~~

I pulled into the driveway of the lake house and saw Elijah standing in front of the porch, the front door knocked down completely from inside. Elena stood in the doorway, knife in hand while Elijah stood in front of her, clearly agitated and not yet invited inside. "Elijah." I stated loudly, getting out of the car. "They shouldn't have done what they did." I stated pleadingly as he met my gaze.

"The deal is off." Elijah stated angrily and I folded my arms over my chest, walking towards him.

"I'm renegotiating." I countered but he scoffed, slowly walking toward me.

"You have nothing to renegotiate." He stated in annoyance. I looked past him at Elena who still held the knife to her stomach, her hands shaking as she did.

"I'd like to lure Klaus into Mystic Falls after the doppelgänger bleeds to death." I pointed out sarcastically and he furrowed his eyebrows at Elena.

"Stefan won't let her die." Elijah doubted and I rose an eyebrow at Elena who took a deep breath.

"No, he won't." Elena agreed and I tilted my head at her. "He'll give me his blood and heal me. Then, I'll kill my self to become a vampire, just like Katherine did." She stated calculatedly and I watched Elijah looked between us, contemplating.

"Unless you want that to happen again, promise me the same as before—promise me.. you won't harm anyone that we love.. That I love. Even if they've harmed you." I stated, narrowing my eyes towards Elijah who tilted his head.

"And what's to stop me from just using your blood like you asked me to do?" Elijah pointed out and I smirked a bit.

"I can easily snap my own neck. And after the little werewolf incident from last night—thank you for saving us, by the way—I still have Damon's blood in my system." I answered and watched Elijah's face twist in serious thought before he turned back to Elena.

"I'm sorry, Elena.. I'm going to have to call your bluff." Elijah called out and I looked at Elena who looked back at me. I gave her a reassuring nod before she took a deep breath and plunged the knife into her stomach. "No!" Elijah yelled, vamping to her but he got as far as the doorway. I felt my eyes glaze over as I watched her groan, bleeding out in pain. I slowly walked towards the house, stopping on the steps as Elijah watched the chaos unfold. "Yes—Yes, you can have your deal. Now, let me heal her." Elijah stated as he looked back at me and I rose an eyebrow.