The Guy Who Gave Up His Jersey(24)

“Juliana wake up!” Control screamed at me.

When air finally hit my legs, it was as if life had slammed back into me. I sat up puking up water that had managed to get in my lungs. My body was aching terribly from the impact and my throat was on fire. On the other side of me Arianna was snuggled up next to Ale as he soothed her.

I stood up throwing my fist in her face. “What the fuck is wrong with you!” I yelled angrily at her. “You’re a crazy bitch! Who throws off someone from a cliff?”

Arianna spit out blood from her busted lip. She looked at me than Ale, what the hell was wrong with her? Did she literally think I wanted Ale, she could have him. I ran my fingers threw my soaking wet hair, inhaling air.

My throat tightens as I felt that it was getting harder to breathe. “I’m sorry; I was still drunk I didn’t mean to do that.” She apologized to me.

I ignored her as I tried to swallow my own spit but I couldn’t. I put my hand on top of my chest inhaling but I couldn’t feel my lungs fill with air. Xavier ran up to me looking at me nervously.

“Shit now right now!” He screamed, putting his hands on each side of my cheek.

“What’s happening to her?” Ale yelled at Xavier as he scrabbled his way towards me.

“She’s having a asthma attack!” Xavier cried out.

It had been years that I had one of these, when I was smaller I would always have them, but as time went away they disappeared. When Arianna through me off the cliff she caught me off surprise and triggered one to happen.

Xavier dropped me to the ground making me fall on top of him. I never liked carrying around my inhaler so when these attacks would trigger Xavier had to calm me down. He wrapped his fingers around mine intertwining them, than he began whispering things in my ear.

“It’s okay, you can breathe. Just inhale.” He uttered to me.

My body tensed up and I dug my feet in the sand as I tried to breathe. Ale stared at me watching me in agony, Gabriela and Olivia were ready to call paramedics but Xavier told them to wait, I had to wait until it passed by until I could go to the emergency room.

When you are going through something like this it is undesirable, your throat begins to dry up and your lung cries for air, but even though we are breathing your body think it isn’t.

Xavier let go of my hands moving my hair to the side, he brought his hand up to my earlobe and began rubbing it. At times when he would rub my earlobe it would sooth me a little but right now not even that is working.

“Xavier we need to get her to a hospital!” Ale cried out to him.

“She’ll die before we get there,” He whispered.

I took in a deep breathe launching my nails into Xavier legs, I tried to fill my lungs with air. Ale fell on his needs in front of me, his eyes were filled with tears and he was shaken up.