Chapter 5

Chapter Five/Visitors

Having split off into our own areas of the house, I only came back downstairs when a loud noise echoed around the house, the voice of Walburga Black screeching and disrupting any peace the house had. I stopped halfway down the stairs, staring amusedly down the hall at what I saw.

"You no good FILTH! How dare you enter my home, along with your mudblood friend! Leave! Disgrace to my family!" Walburga wailed, jumping when a silver knife hit her portrait and nearly knicked the edge of her skirt.

"HOW DARE YOU DAMAGE MY PORTRAIT." Walburga roared as Siri pulled the knife out, staring down her grandmother with a look of distaste as the portrait screeched at her, all but foaming at the mouth.

"Devil-spawn of my devil son! Be gone! Leave me be! Go join your disgrace father, and leave my house!" Walburga bellowed. Siri scowled, walking heel to heel as she got back to the spot where she had first thrown the knife.

"Sure, sure. Shut up, bitch." Siri said darkly, hitting the portrait with the knife again and causing Walburga to let out more shrieks of anger. It caused Hermione to poke her head into the hallway, looking at Siri with raised eyebrow.

"What is she doing?" I asked quietly as I came to stand beside Hermione. She shrugged helplessly, her nose crinkling up in amusement as we watched our friend jerk the knife out of the portrait again.

"What she feels like, I suppose. It's quite fun to watch really, she's been at it for awhile- The tape fell off Walburga's mouth. Honestly, I think some part of Sirius may be possessing her." Hermione mused idly, and I could tell why. With her short hair and faint smirk she looked like her father, the way her shoulders slumped- And then she turned, and the same black spiral I had seen on her neck before was visible again.

"Siri-" I started, trying not to falter when cool gray eyes turned towards me- "What's that, on your neck?" I asked. Siri raised an eyebrow as if puzzled for a moment before her eyes widened, her hand reaching back to her neck.

"Oh, that- The cover from the wedding must've worn off. It's a tattoo." Siri said, rubbing her hand over her neck as if she could physically feel the tattoo on her skin. Hermione's eyebrows had raised high on her forehead.

"You got a tattoo?" She asked in a high voice, and Siri nodded once.

"In Paris."

"What is it?" I asked when Siri seemed content to end the conversation there. I wanted to know. Siri grinned then, her expression faintly sheepish.

"It's in french."

I rolled my eyes at that. "Try me."

She shrugged, then spoke; "Je jure solennellement que mes intentions sont rien de bon."

"How did you fit all that onto your back?" Hermione asked in surprise, looking mildly skeptical. Siri frowned at her.

"It's kind of in a line- Down my spine. It's sideways, so it's readable- Well, it's hard to explain you. I'd have to show you for you to know, and I'm not taking off my shirt, even for you, Hermione." Siri said with a wink tacked onto the end of her sentence. Hermione rolled her eyes, shaking her head in amusement.

"I can't believe you got a tattoo at sixteen."

"It was an early birthday present from Fleur." Siri said, punctating her statement with a well-aimed throw at Walburga Black. I smiled amusedly.

"Fleur gave you a tattoo?" Hermione asked in disbelief. Siri shrugged.

"She didn't say no when I asked."