𝗶𝘅. chapter nine.

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
ix. CHAPTER NINE.

ANDROMEDA BLACK

ANDROMEDA BLACK.
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

             BRIAR SMILED, clutching the letter that she'd just received from her parents. Her owl, a pretty light brown creature called Amber, was nibbling on a few treats in her cage. Briar tossed Amber one last treat before flopping down onto her bed.

          She usually loved receiving letters from her parents, when she first came to Hogwarts, they would write at least once a week. Her mother's handwriting would fill one side of the paper, and her father's the other. As she grew older, the letters became less frequent. Briar supposed it was just as well - they'd always expected a detailed description of her life, they always wanted to know how she was and what she was doing. Although it had been exhausting to write out every little thing that happened to her, she still considered herself lucky. Lucius's parents wrote to him once a month at most, and only when they had something to tell him.

          Amber hooted, just as Briar opened the letter up. "Oh, shoo. You've had enough to eat," Briar waved the owl, which hooted once again before disappearing out of the window. Ignoring her, she unfolded the letter.

       Dear Briar,

     How are you? Your Father and I hope that your studies are going well, and that you're doing fine. I apologize for not writing to you sooner we've been busy with preparations for your brother's wedding. We've fixed a summer date, and there's plenty to do. It's going to be a large event. Aimee has many wonderful ideas for the bridesmaid dresses, and I will hopefully be able to send you a sketch with my next letter.

     Is your cousin Lucius doing well? I noticed over Christmas that the two of you seemed to be avoiding each other. We're all rather worried about him, Briar. He's been a wonderful brother to you, and perhaps it's time that you returned the favor. Talk to him, will you, and make sure he's all right? His parents haven't heard from him recently, and they're concerned. Ask him to write home.

       Your father has also asked me to discuss something else with you. As you already know, we've been looking for suitors for you. But your father and I married out of love, and we understand it's value. I'm asking you, Briar, as a mother, if there is anyone that you'd like to tell me about. Don't be afraid, dear. You're a wonderful, smart young woman with a strong sense of judgment. I hope to hear from you soon on this matter.

    Take care, dear.

       Briar set the letter aside and leaned back, thoughtfully. Why was everyone so convinced that she might be courting someone? She'd never spoken about any of the boys at Hogwarts with her parents, and they had no reason to think that she was interested in anyone. She wondered if Lucius had said anything that might give them the idea.