Chapter *52*

A few days later..

"Can I uncover my eyes now?"

"No don't you dare move your hand yet." Tyrie shouted at me.

I kissed my teeth. Ty had forced me out of our comfy bed saying he wanted to show me a surprise. I just wanted to lay in bed and wallow in self pity before starting my day. My depressed state was a concern for him, but this was just how I dealt with it.

I hear things being shifted and the blinds being closed.

What the fuck is this nigga doing

"Okay open your eyes on three. One-"

I opened my eyes as soon as he counted. I hated waiting for no reason. Just let me see the damn surprise already.

"Man why you do that? Can't even be patient."

"What is all of this? Why does it look like the 70s in here? Okay what'ss going on?"

He put his finger on my lips. "Shh why you asking them questions, asking all them questions, why you asking all them questions? Making statements, assuming."

I stale faced him and pushed his hand out my face. Our guest room had basically been transformed into a meditation room. There were different colored floor pillows, tapestries, and even a red light.

"You once told me that you liked to meditate, but never remembered to take the time to lately, so I made a little space for you to focus on yourself. You can come in here anytime and turn on ocean sounds or whatever you listen to. You can center your chakra to become Zen or some shit like that."

I laughed at his failed explanation. I started blushing for some reason. This was so sweet and thoughtful. It was so precious and heart warming. It even reminded me of our sixth month anniversary.

"Thank you, my love. This means so much to me. I can't believe you put all of this together by yourself. Wait- how'd you know I like red light? I never told you that."

"Well, whenever you listen to Red Light Special by TLC you always have to watch the video. You get a little lost look in your eyes. I took a wild guess." He said, shrugging off how amazing he was at reading his woman.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a big kiss. He lifted me up to have my legs around his waist. We fought to control the pace of the kiss, he won of course. The kiss was getting heated and sloppy, with tongue sucking and moaning. I had to push back becuase I had to breath. We breathed heavy for a while and keep intimate eye contact. A pleasurable shudder went down my spine and lit up my insides.

My grin couldn't stop before it spread to my entire face. His smile soon mirrored mine. His whole face lit up and his hazel eyes glazed over.

"Honey as much as I'm enjoying out cute moment together, I'm gonna need you to leave now. I can't focus with you here." I got down and stumbled a bit before I steadied myself.

He mocked hurt. He stumbled back with his hand on his chest.

"This how you do me huh? After everything I did for you? I set up this whole thing just for you to kick me out of it. WooOOoOw. WWBD, Tae?"

"WWBD?"

"What would Buddha do?"

I snorted and shook my head. "Boy get the fuck out. Go play ball or something. I'm not about to play with you."

"Pretty girl you always say you're not about to play with me. But we both know you like playing with me, so you might as well stop lying."

This was true, but I won't give him the satisfaction of confirming or denying it.

I just pushed his shoulders towards the door. He kept struggling to move me. I used all my strength to push him out the room and locked the door.

He banged on the door. When I didn't open the door he started making beats and singing popular songs in the wrong key.

"TAE I JUST WANNA TAKE YOU DOWNNNN AND SHOW YOU WHAT I'M ABOUTTT"

I shook my head for the millionth time today. "Congratulations Tae, that is your boyfriend. You really know how to pick them."

"Hey! I heard that!"

"It was meant for you to hear! Now go away, so I can focus on myself. I can't practice self reflection and focusing my energy with you standing by the door breathing heavy as fuck. You sound like a deflated tire, or a kid that needs their asthma pump because they talked to fast."

I heard him gasp being dramatic as usual.

"Well I never.."

"GO SIT DOWN!"

"..okay."

His loud ass footsteps started getting softer and softer, so I knew he was doing something that would piss me off later.

I played my crying playlist on the t.v. and took a seat on a couple of the pillows. I turned on the red light, and turned off my notifications. I was officially on airplane mode I guess you could say.

I focused on feeling every part of my body from head to toe. Slowly feeling for any signs of discomfort and occasionally letting my mind wander before bringing my focus back to my breathing. I did that for what felt like a long time.

Before I knew it, a tear slid down my left cheek. I was crying after months of an emotional drought.

And it felt so good.

Yes, I am alive. This took me a while because I was busy living my life, learning to forgive and move on, and loving the people closest to me as hard as I can. Anyway you know the drill by now.

COMMENT HERE>>

VOTE

973 WORDS