numb the pain

Samantha's POV:

As my eyes opened the brightness of the room struck me and the most excruciating pain struck my head. I felt like my body was flung onto a wall. My legs were numb, my whole body was numb. I felt a cold breeze whisk across my body sending shivers through my body. I look down under the covers, only to realize that I was naked. I suddenly felt a hand on my thigh and soft snores. I looked to my right and saw his soft messy hair, his long lashes and his soft pink lips. My stomach became uneasy not just because the realization of who it was.

I carefully crawled off the bed and got dressed. I snuck out easily and went home. I can't believe what happened last night. I had a shower and he never left my mind. When I was done I figured I'd have a cup of coffee and chat with my dad about coming back to work.

_

The time passes with him on my mind and in was 3am the next day and I had to pick Sammy up from the airport.

Jack's POV

I had gotten home to Leigh a few hours ago and I could tell she was mad even though she said she wasn't. I cleaned myself up and watched a movie with her and Aidan. Aidan fell asleep so we put her to bed leaving us. Leigh paused the movie and looked me in the eyes. She kisses me and I do the same. The kiss gets deeper and hungrier as she tries lifting my shirt.

"Stop" I said pulling away I don't know why I did that but I just left her house. I got in my car, I had no clue where I was going but I drove. My eyes were burning from the tears that streamed from my eyes. I could hear my heart pounding at my eardrums.

Why can't I love her?

I need to but I...I don't want to

My breath hitched as my body went number I stopped thinking I stopped everything. I just let go because I stopped being happy a long time ago and created pain for not just myself but for everyone in my life. I threw away everything. To have nothing at the end. All this just so pain and my past won't catch up to me.